FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving oh my god another tiki painting?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
oh my god another tiki painting?
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:00 pm   Permalink

Real, real nice. My favorite piece that you've done.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:11 pm   Permalink

Great job!

The lighting and shading on the tiki and skulls in the center give this new piece a more 3D look.

I sometimes miss L.A. but only for the events and concerts and what not, it being the media capitol of the world. but after such an event I would want to be magicaly transported back to my island in the sun.

I thought you were quitting tikis? Errr was that Sam and Flounder said that.

Well thanks for posting and keep up the good work, tiki or not.

Aloha
E

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 2:21 pm   Permalink

thanks for all of the wonderful feedback TC peeps...it's nice to hear such warm remarks about this painting...i miss it

Q:what's the deal? i thought you weren't going to paint tiki scenes anymore?
A:i'm not...i am enrolled in a portraiture class which i am LOVING... i have a gig freelancing for Nickelodeon doing art direction on a series and for individual shorts ...also i am painting a series of women for my next show in December - "Calendar Girl"...this tiki piece is merely to get my foot inside of the door to the best lowbrow home grown gallery in LA - La Luz de Jesus...it's been my goal to show there for about 5 years now and being that i am in such good company in this show i thought i'd do one more piece in gouache like this...i'll also be a finishing a tiki piece in oil for the show...maybe if i can prove to the owner/curator that my paintings will sell in his venue he'll embrace the idea that i can handle a show there...it's been discussed between the owner and i and "the proof is in the puddin" were his exact words...no rest!

mahalos again!

for "calendar girl"@ Roq La Rue

for this weekend's "Samhain Party" @ Copro Nason Gallery

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 01:28 am   Permalink

Cool skull painting!

Good luskc with that gallery mate! You got some nice puddin, so I reckon you got a good chance!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:26 pm   Permalink

Miles-
If I make it the Chi Chis are on me.

I am sure Billy will hook you up with the show you deserve. Tikis or not, your paintings rule.

keep painting brother...

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation