advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving oh my god another tiki painting?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
oh my god another tiki painting?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:00 pm   Permalink

Real, real nice. My favorite piece that you've done.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:11 pm   Permalink

Great job!

The lighting and shading on the tiki and skulls in the center give this new piece a more 3D look.

I sometimes miss L.A. but only for the events and concerts and what not, it being the media capitol of the world. but after such an event I would want to be magicaly transported back to my island in the sun.

I thought you were quitting tikis? Errr was that Sam and Flounder said that.

Well thanks for posting and keep up the good work, tiki or not.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 2:21 pm   Permalink

thanks for all of the wonderful feedback TC peeps...it's nice to hear such warm remarks about this painting...i miss it

Q:what's the deal? i thought you weren't going to paint tiki scenes anymore?
A:i'm not...i am enrolled in a portraiture class which i am LOVING... i have a gig freelancing for Nickelodeon doing art direction on a series and for individual shorts ...also i am painting a series of women for my next show in December - "Calendar Girl"...this tiki piece is merely to get my foot inside of the door to the best lowbrow home grown gallery in LA - La Luz de Jesus...it's been my goal to show there for about 5 years now and being that i am in such good company in this show i thought i'd do one more piece in gouache like this...i'll also be a finishing a tiki piece in oil for the show...maybe if i can prove to the owner/curator that my paintings will sell in his venue he'll embrace the idea that i can handle a show there...it's been discussed between the owner and i and "the proof is in the puddin" were his exact words...no rest!

mahalos again!

for "calendar girl"@ Roq La Rue

for this weekend's "Samhain Party" @ Copro Nason Gallery

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 01:28 am   Permalink

Cool skull painting!

Good luskc with that gallery mate! You got some nice puddin, so I reckon you got a good chance!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 10:26 pm   Permalink

If I make it the Chi Chis are on me.

I am sure Billy will hook you up with the show you deserve. Tikis or not, your paintings rule.

keep painting brother...

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation