[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » R.I.P. Movieland Wax Museum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
R.I.P. Movieland Wax Museum
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 01:16 am   Permalink

This one's supposed to be Jim Carrey

I think he looks more like Jim Nabors...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 08:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-26 15:06, Unga Bunga wrote:
They sure did a lousy job on John Lennon.

Are you sure? I think it's actually a good image of Bea Arthur...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-27 11:28 am   Permalink

Here's a story on Mouseplanet on Movieland Wax Museum and Buena Park back in the old days

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk051027.htm

[ This Message was edited by: King Bushwich the 33rd 2005-10-27 11:29 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-28 10:01 am   Permalink

Here's an email I got from Charles Phoenix's list. It is closing MONDAY-HALLOWEEN!!!

MOVIELAND WAX MUSEUM CLOSING!

Pale wax movie stars embrace at MOVIELAND WAX MUSEUM, BUENA PARK, 1965. If they had a wick you could burn them. They are practically candles.

I’ll never forget the day in third grade when my friend Kevin Moore turned to me and said “I have so much wax in my ear I could make a candle!” Wax is one of the weirdest things on earth. We burn it, we shine our cars with it, color books with it and for a fee licensed professionals use it to painfully remove unwanted body hair. Wax comes from a wide variety of sources. Honey bees make it and so we– in our ears. And there are those among us who model the substance into life-size figurines that resemble famous people and display them in so-called museums.

MOVIELAND WAX MUSEUM is closing its doors for good after 43 years on October 31, 2005. Silent film star Mary Pickford dedicated the original 300 wax figures at the grand opening in 1962. According to the legend she arrived for the ceremony in the gold Rolls Royce that was parked out front for years.

I haven’t been to the MOVIELAND WAX MUSEUM since 1969. I was six. We took relatives there who were visiting from Oklahoma. They were SO impressed and I was SO proud. But frankly, I don’t remember much about the place except for the nude statues that totally embarrassed me and that oh-so elegant facade.

There is no way this place is gonna close without me seeing all those wax wonders for the last time. I wanna see how they’ve all aged! SO, I’LL BE THERE LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON HOPING TO RUN INTO YOU!

Movieland Wax Museum is located at 7711 Beach Blvd., in Buena Park, CA, Just one block north from Knott’s Berry Farm,
www.movielandwaxmuseum.com

Here’s to MOVIELAND WAX MUSEUM and YOU

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Charles Phoenix

October 27, 2005.

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-29 02:53 am   Permalink

FYI, Movieland is owned by the same folks who own the wax museum at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. I predict we'll see lots of Movieland stuff up north really soon!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-01 12:53 pm   Permalink

Movieland Wax Museum, Buena Park, commercial

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-01 2:09 pm   Permalink

Some Movieland Wax from Zac Efron:

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-02 10:01 am   Permalink

W O W
I just about hakmybreakfast!

seriously did you HEAR me? I didnt SEE that coming...lmao...foul!
I find earwax harder to look at than seeing shit in random places(dog or other)...seriously...

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2010-05-02 10:02 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation