FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food cuban rum bought in mexico?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
cuban rum bought in mexico?
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-08 9:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-21 08:43, JonPez wrote:
While you are at it, bring back some non-US Coca-Cola (the ones overseas use Cane Syrup instead of High-Fructose Corn Sweetener) and make a real Cuba Libre the way they used to taste...

Kosher-for-Passover Coke is made with sugar -- not corn syrup -- just like in the old days... if you've got a grocery store in a Jewish neighborhood ~ take a look! here in seattle, some of the QFCs and Albertsons carry it.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-08 21:32, dogbytes wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-21 08:43, JonPez wrote:
While you are at it, bring back some non-US Coca-Cola (the ones overseas use Cane Syrup instead of High-Fructose Corn Sweetener) and make a real Cuba Libre the way they used to taste...

Kosher-for-Passover Coke is made with sugar -- not corn syrup -- just like in the old days... if you've got a grocery store in a Jewish neighborhood ~ take a look! here in seattle, some of the QFCs and Albertsons carry it.

I think you'll find that a lot of stores in communities along the border carry sugar cane Coke.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-24 6:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha amigos! I am having so much fun reading all your "gringo loco" adventures to get some Cuban Rum. As a matter of fact, I am drinking some of the precious nectar right now... In Mexico City, "En las rocas" of course... So, any new legislation on the subject? It is amazing that in this day and age, there is still prohibitions like this... In a way, I kinda like it... remnants of the old world... pre globalized and boring. O.K. back to my drink, cheers!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badpelican

Posted: 2009-02-28 8:32 pm   Permalink

Greetings Zeta:
Sure, the Cuban Embargo makes no sense, and like any other useless or stupid law makes any law abiding citizen perhaps a little less likely to respect the rule of law in general.

But on the positive side as an citizen of the U.S. when I have occasion to enjoy some Havana Club, the combination of a fine rum and forbidden fruit make for a most enjoyable beverage!

View Profile of badpelican Send a personal message to badpelican  Email badpelican     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:26 am   Permalink

Badpelican, you betcha!

Part of the selection of rums they sell in most liquor stores.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:27 am   Permalink

How rare are these in the U.S.?

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:30 am   Permalink

I am getting thirsty...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:31 am   Permalink

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:32 am   Permalink

Mmm...

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 05:36 am   Permalink

O.K. I am getting a drink, It's already 6:34 A.M. on a Tuesday...

Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-17 07:43 am   Permalink

I'm curious about this "Captain Morgan" spiced rum in one of those pictures...is it any good?

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-17 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-17 07:43, Rum Balls wrote:
I'm curious about this "Captain Morgan" spiced rum in one of those pictures...is it any good?

Every time you drink it for some reason you lift your leg. Hydrants beware.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 7:50 pm   Permalink

You can get Captain Morgan spiced rum here in the states. I think it is extremely sweet...and to me, disgusting. For rum, that is. Now if you like drinking amaretto and stuff like that, then the Captain is for you.

I did like Captain Morgan earlier on...before I tasted demerara. Now, no more Captain.

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-18 06:50 am   Permalink

In case you missed the "rolling eyes" emoticon, I was being sarcastic about Captain Morgan. Cheers!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation