Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Wilma
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 5:00 pm   Permalink

".............. and the surf washed away tiki huts on hotel beaches."
ObviouslyThis is a very serious storm.
Best wishes Florida!

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 6:21 pm   Permalink

The latest satellite picture of Wilma...

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 6:53 pm   Permalink

The irritating part is not knowing where is it really going to hit since its a wobbler AND a slow mover at this point in time. Makes it real difficult to plan and reschedule work projects since too much is a question mark.

Fellow ohana on the Florida Gulf & keys, we love ya. Hang in there. Please do let us know if there is something we can do to help.

Oh yeah, if it starts to go for Miami, is there anyone in the area willing to take in my mug collection till it passes?

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-21 7:10 pm   Permalink

welp, we were supposed to be in riviera maya next week for my wifes brothers wedding, this sucks, and you florida folks be safe!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 12:44 am   Permalink

And a special big round of affection for those South Florida Ohana who so graciously hosted us during the Hukilau home bar tour...Kern and Elka and their sweet kids, Chip 'n Andy, Pia and Drew, Tiki Kiliki--be safe, you guys!!! Here's hoping Wilma passes you by...

XOXOX tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-24 12:16 pm   Permalink

MAYBE Hanford should start a Hurricane Forum! eeks!!!

Best wishes everyone!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2005-10-24 12:17 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 1:27 pm   Permalink

The quote today is: "officials said it was the most damaging hurricane to hit the Fort Lauderdale area since 1950."

So...the worrywart asks...how is the Mai Kai?

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-10-24 2:19 pm   Permalink

Hope all the Ohana got through Wilma okay. You're in our hearts, best wishes.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 4:02 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:27 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 4:32 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear you're physically safe, Chip and Andy! If you actually have power (thus your post) let us know when you hear from Christie and all the other ohana who just had us into their wonderful homes.

But with the headline "6M Without Power" I ain't holdin' my breath for anyone I know there having electricity!!

WHAT a f**king *YEAR*!!!!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 5:27 pm   Permalink

Chip 'n Andy, I'm SO happy to hear both of you are okay! And needless to say, I'm glad your incredible home is safe too. It's so weird, being all the way out here now, thinking of people we'd just met and places we'd just seen now going through such terrible experiences!

It surely puts a human face on all this...not as if there wasn't already! but I think you know what I mean. When you've really been there suddenly there's a different sort of attachment--it's just all so much more REAL.

And to think I thought that tropical cloudburst at Pia's was intense...that was just a taste...ugh. :/

Thanks so much for posting, guys.

Alice...ain't that the truth. Good grief!

codelisa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 5:40 pm   Permalink

I spoke to family in the Lauderdale area and in Lake Worth. No one has electric or water. Windows have been blown out of houses and bldgs., roofs have been damaged, trees are destroyed and big branches are all over. Hope all TCer's are AOK. Sending good wishes out to all...

Have a drink on me...

View Profile of codelisa Send a personal message to codelisa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-24 5:43 pm   Permalink

Sending out good wishes here too.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 08:58 am   Permalink

Chip & Andy. so sorry to see the damage in your beautiful backyard. hope the clean-up goes smoothly and you get power back again soon.

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 2:08 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:28 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation