[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Stained glass mermaid
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Stained glass mermaid
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 08:52 am   Permalink

It's not tiki, but I still want to show it off.

I designed it, but someone else did the actual work, and he just installed it today in my bathroom.
http://www.licustomstainedglass.com/

I can't wait to see the morning sunlight shine through it. My only regret is that the throne faces away from it.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki 2005-10-22 08:58 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 08:57 am   Permalink

Incredible! You must be very proud. I love all the movement going on.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 09:39 am   Permalink

Raffer, you never cease to Amaze me. This piece is relly Beautiful. Welldone! Have anything else you are hiding from us?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 09:47 am   Permalink

Cool design Raff.! I bet that looks killer when the light hits it. Very inspirational and what better place than in the loo, I know I do some of my best thinking in there. Oh by the way, I like your bird terd comic too.

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 09:57 am   Permalink

always wanted one. We have several stain glass pices in out house but I want a mermaid. Congrats and Great design.

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-22 10:47 pm   Permalink

Raffer, for a moment I thought you were tackling stained glass on top of everything else. It must look really gret installed in the new john. I had a friend that did stained glass & it always fascinated me.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 12:28 am   Permalink

Beautiful design, Raffer. It must add quite a bit of character to the room. It's nice to have a one of a kind custom piece like that so tastefully done. Great job!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 2:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys,

This pic doesn't do it justice. When the light hits it it really comes alive. Yeah, my wife and I are really proud of this one. I can't wait to spend some time in there :).

Quote:
We have several stain glass pices in out house but I want a mermaid.

I've always had a thing for mermaids too.

Quote:
Well done! Have anything else you are hiding from us?

No comment.

Quote:
Raffer, for a moment I thought you were tackling stained glass on top of everything else.

Hah, I'm really spread too thin to take on something like that.

Quote:
It's nice to have a one of a kind custom piece like that so tastefully done. Great job!

A lot of things fell into place for this. For example, the stained glass guy's friend with the kiln was inspired enough by the design to insist on painting the face, body, and arm pieces himself. He did a much better job than I would have expected. The entire piece came out better than I imagined.

The bathroom may be finished as soon as next weekend, then maybe I can get back to carving.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-23 4:00 pm   Permalink

John,
I just checked out your site, great work. Man of many talants.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 01:05 am   Permalink

Gorgeous! Love the look of the window. Its gonna look awesome with the sun behind it. Sweet design, and sweet execution. Cool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 05:46 am   Permalink

That is so beautiful. I love it!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 07:44 am   Permalink

That's gorgeous. If my wife sees this post I'm in trouble- she has been talking about a stained glass window for our bathroom for some time now. The difficulty factor in the mermaid's hair must've been around 11!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 3:02 pm   Permalink

It hasn't been hit by direct sun yet, but this weather should clear up in a few days. It was also my wife's idea for stained glass. Luckily I got to design it.

Thanks tfisher, hewey, exotica, and Kava.

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 3:33 pm   Permalink

Raffer,

That is awesome. I can't imagine what it was like trying to make that. Wow!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-25 4:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-23 14:16, Raffertiki wrote:
A lot of things fell into place for this. For example, the stained glass guy's friend with the kiln was inspired enough by the design to insist on painting the face, body, and arm pieces himself.

How could he not be inspired by such a great design by you. It looks amazing Raff.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation