FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 09:47 am   Permalink

UN-MOKO-ED AND THE REDESIGN

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 5:36 pm   Permalink

I got board on a real rainy day. Photoshop fun.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 6:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha Palmcitytiki!!!!!!!!!!
Your tiki is looking really cool. Its like hes standing behind the maiden wispering(do be do be dooo) like a curious on looker HA HA HA fun stuff my friend ,Aloha , your friend , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 10:50 pm   Permalink

That tiki is going to look seriously creepy!! But technically looking at the linework I can see how excellent that will look after the detailing. Especially if you do you usual airbrush voodoo afterwards.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:15 pm   Permalink

That's kick ass there...
Love the make over... twice as better as the original concept... way more primitive.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-20 1:26 pm   Permalink

excellent work palmcitytiki love the new carving.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 1:31 pm   Permalink

This guy is going to have way attitude. I can't wait to see him finished.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 3:13 pm   Permalink

One more step n the progress.
Moko is Carved and Shaded, so my old eyes can see where I need to clean it up.
I'm not sure about doing his forehead as well. Plus I started on his mojo necklace.

I feel as though It was worth the redo on the moko. Its is less destracting. Now I need to plan how
i am going to make the stitched lips stick out. The moko gets all the attention.

Plus a new one to be shipped off for someones Christmas.

Thanks for the comments both pos. and neg. Speak your mind. i know the voices inside my head express theirs.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 4:42 pm   Permalink

The Moko tiki is looking geat, tho for some reason he reminds me of Moke Tyson(sorry), but I still like it. The airbrush work has to be pretty difficult to cet those sharp points.
Love the Xmas Present tiki too, the Skulls on the top really give it a pirate look.
We Gotta get together one of these daze.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 04:22 am   Permalink

Cool tikis PCT. I love the cute little christmas present iki, and cant wait to see how the dude with the moku comes out. I prefer a bit more swirls in my moku, but thats just my taste. Cant wait to see it finished.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 06:45 am   Permalink

PCT,

That moko is EVIL! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the lacing. Maybe just a deep brown that will stand out against whatever shade you stain the rest of the body?

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 07:24 am   Permalink

I cant wait to see it airbrushed. What type of paint/stain do you use, do you thin it out first? very cool idea.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-21 4:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posts guys I like the support cause the wifey can't stand this one. She says it is too creepy. Which is exactly what I was going for . plus the humor that he is only 27" tall. i am workin on his spear and tribal necklace. now plus I Ordered some pig parts to really give him the look.

As far as the airbrush stain goes I only thin it so I can get it to squirt. i use the standard brands cause they all work the same. This one really seems to suck up the stain. So I am using as dark of stains as I can.

Its my slow moving piece. Work ...set it back. i am only working on him when I feel inspired.

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 06:40 am   Permalink

Aloha Palm city!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your tikis are cool my friend, You really have a talent . I hope you had a nice thanksgiving, Aloha , your friend , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-25 10:02 pm   Permalink

you ordered some "pig parts".....you gonna wrap him in bacon?
He's looking good...keep up the hard work. I don't think he's too creepy...just
right.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation