FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events new years eve 2005- so cal-Thanks Everybody
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
new years eve 2005- so cal-Thanks Everybody
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-09 9:01 pm   Permalink

WooHoo!! Countdown to New Year's Eve...only 52 more days If anyone needs help making reservations (plane, hotel, car rentals, ect.) PM me. When I'm not teaching the Wild Natives (KIndergarteners) you can find me helping people making their Vacation Dreams come true

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-11 8:52 pm   Permalink

Still looking for a room? Humphrey's, Best Western Island Palms & Marina, and the Hanalei have rooms available. PM for more information ~ WooHoo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-12 11:53 pm   Permalink

I'm in! I won't be up in L.A. for New Year's after all!

Since I'm local, I probably won't be needing a hotel room. But I'm definitely in for the Bali Hai dinner/floor show and any partying before and after (I can kick in some dinero for the Marina suite, if necessary). I'm also all for brunch at the Hanalei and any other activities, including a home bar tour (although getting me and my wheelchair in and out of Matt's yard is going to be an adventure).

Anyway, count me in!

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 9:31 pm   Permalink

Ok, I'm in-- Just booked my room at Humphrey's! Looking forward to ringing 2006 in with a bang!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:15 am   Permalink

*** HUMPHREYS HALF MOON INN**** UPDATE

I have recently received a reply from the group sales coordinator at Humphreys Half Moon Inn.

We are confirmed as a GROUP and have all been offered the rate of $144 p/night (for a 2 night stay). Our group has been organized for the nights of Dec 31 and Jan 01.

Our group name is "TIKI CENTRAL". Make sure you mention this group.

To ensure that you are reserved as part of our group, please make sure that you phone their onsite 800 number during their business hours 8-5 pac time (not the nationwide call center).

1-800-377-1177

By associating yourself with the group you should get better room placement (in reasonable proximity to other TCers).

IMPORTANT- IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE HALF MOON INN USING THEIR 800 NUMBER AND GET YOUR RATE REDUCED AND ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH THE TIKI CENTRAL GROUP.

I am always available for questions via PM or email.

Derek

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:34 am   Permalink

Home Bar Tour-

As you already know, I am trying to orchestrate a home bar tour on 1 of the 2 days during the event.

My preference would be to do it on Saturday Afternoon (Dec 31) so that everyone is free from hangovers and can simply hang out on Shelter Island on Sunday.

I know that some of you will be flying into town on Saturday and I dont want to exclude anyone who wants to participate.

If the bar tour started at NOON on Saturday would that work for everyones travel Schedule?

The Bali Hai event starts at 6:30pm and I would want to get everyone through the bar tour and back to their rooms with enough time to get ready for the event.

Let me know by responding to this thread.

I have at least 2 MAJOR stops on the home bar tour and we could possibly stop for a plate lunch on our drive. We will sprinkle the home bar tour with other destinations as we have time.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2005-12-04 08:15 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 10:47 am   Permalink

MM,
This is shaping up to be one fine weekend! Not sure when others will be checking in but I will be checking on Friday, 12/30 after driving down from work. No sense in waiting until Saturday to start my weekend in SD.

I'm totally in for the home bar tour and totally in for the bowling tournament... you wanna bowl??? BRING IT!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 11:01 am   Permalink

Pop, Isn't there a strip club-bowling center down there?

Looking forward to this event!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 6:26 pm   Permalink

Like I mentioned on the previous thread, I would welcome all TCers to The Lava-Flow-Inn for the home bar tour. Monkeyman please contact me to work out the details. I am looking forward to the whole weekend.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-15 07:00 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2005-11-14 09:34, Monkeyman wrote:
I am working on a Tiki Central Bowling tournament for Sunday evening if anyone is interested.... I am making an official trophy. This event is tentative because the "Island Themed" Sunset Bowl that I was planning on having the event at apparently closed after 35 years last August. The other bowling alley is not sure yet if they are open on New Years Day. More to follow.

NOoooooo! I just went past there on Sunday and was thinking: "I wish I had time to stop in, but I gotta get the car washed & get back home..."

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 07:10 am   Permalink

I'm trying to get our Son-in-Law nailed down about whether we have the Gran'Daughter or not on New Years, hopefully we'll know in the next few days & can get our tickets for New Years. Even if we can't do the New Years at the Bali Hai I think we might be able to do the New Years Day Brunch & Bowling, and I might do the Home Bar Crawl by myself.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-16 11:24 am   Permalink

WooHoo!! Today's the day (11/16) to call Bali Hai and let them know that you will be attending their New Year's Eve Event. Just call (619)222-1181 and tell them you are with Tiki Central. They will just need your name, phone #, & # of people in your party.

DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-16 4:04 pm   Permalink

Done! The woman I just spoke to at the Bali Hai said they already had 18 TCers signed up. Woo-hoo!

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 4:34 pm   Permalink

The Dress Code for the Bali Hai event is "anything goes".

Hawaiian Shirts to Tuxedos.

I will be sporting a Tapa Print Sport Coat.

Come On TC Lets represent. Wear the best vintage wear youve got.

Payment is taken at the time of arrival so all you need to do right now is call in and get your reservation.

They seem genuinely excited to have such support from Tiki Central.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 07:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-16 16:34, Monkeyman wrote:
The Dress Code for the Bali Hai event is "anything goes".

Hawaiian Shirts to Tuxedos.

I will be sporting a Tapa Print Sport Coat.

Come On TC Lets represent. Wear the best vintage wear youve got.

I'm planning on wearing my Ty-D-Bol Blue Crushed Velvet Tuxedo jacket with my Wine Red Crushed Velvet platform-soled oxford-cut Chuck Taylors, I just haven't decided what color ruffled shirt to wear, anyone have suggestions?
Quote:

On 2005-11-16 16:34, Monkeyman wrote:
They seem genuinely excited to have such support from Tiki Central.

They probably remember some of our previous bar tabs. Plus, I always try to mention Tiki Central to Waitrons & Bartenders whenever I go.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation