FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 6, May 4-7, 2006 **New Info pg. 7**
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6, May 4-7, 2006 **New Info pg. 7**
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-02 7:26 pm   Permalink

Otto ~ Any news on the location yet???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 10:36 am   Permalink

AWESOME! San Diego is my home town! I am going to plan on being there for my first Oasis!!!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 3:57 pm   Permalink

Nuts, Monica (my wife) and I are planning a trip back to Waikiki for our 5th in late May, staying at the Royal Hawaiian which is our favorite place on Earth but it'll really suck up the ol' bank account, so probably no TO in SD for me this year. Of course Otto lives upstairs from me so my life is pretty much TO 24-7.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 3:53 pm   Permalink

... the shelter pointe resort, as the alohabros understand it, will revert to the name "kona kai"... the restaurant, formerly aj's waterside, will go back to the kona kai name (some signage and menus have already received the moniker)... some bamboo trinkets and similar affectations have already been placed in the otherwise oddly adorned restaurant... atlas hotel group recently acquired the property from pacifica and, as one employee mentioned, may put an emphasis on some polynesian decor... maybe tcers should get involved to make this happen...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-10 08:07 am   Permalink

Any News on What Hotel on Shelter Island will be hosting Tiki Oasis this year???

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

Sweet Jeezus! What a roller coaster thread!

I started off so depressed about the tribulations surrounding the Caliente Tropics, then almost fell out of my chair laughing when everybody wanted to know if TO would be held at Rob Zombie's fictional blood drenched Kahiki Palms and now I find out that Tiki Oasis 6 is coming to my own kauhale!!

Mahalo nui loa, Otto!- Hodadhank

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-13 9:33 pm   Permalink

I am visiting San Diego this coming weekend Jan 20, 21

I will be staying at the Hanalei Fri Jan 20

I will let you know what transpires as soon as I return

thanks for the votes of support for San Diego

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 11:14 am   Permalink

Any news yet?

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-18 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 11:14, Atomicchick wrote:
Any news yet?

Sorry to be a (whatever). But these type of questions are rather silly and unneeded. I know for a FACT that Otto WILL post official info AS SOON AS he has it finalized!
It is not that the event is all planned , signed ,sealed, etc and he keeps forgetting to post it. Keep reading this thread (or TC in general) and everyone will get the news when it happens. No need to keep asking, folks. Sorry for being a crab! I love you all, really! -love, MR Thirsty, Crabby Smiley!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 3:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 21:33, Otto wrote:

... I am visiting San Diego this coming weekend Jan 20, 21...

... when in sd make sure to check out the isa contest at oceanside pier 01.21.06... some super hot groms will be bustin' airs and throwin' buckets... first heat starts at 7am... support the sd groms... some may be future tc'ers...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 3:26 pm   Permalink

Mr. Smily wrote:
Quote:

Sorry to be a (whatever). But these type of questions are rather silly and unneeded. I know for a FACT that Otto WILL post official info AS SOON AS he has it finalized!
It is not that the event is all planned , signed ,sealed, etc and he keeps forgetting to post it. Keep reading this thread (or TC in general) and everyone will get the news when it happens. No need to keep asking, folks. Sorry for being a crab! I love you all, really! -love, MR Thirsty, Crabby Smiley!!

Don't be sorry Mr. Smiley. I'm feelin kind of crabby this week too! Must be lack of food~~trying to get my trim figure back before Oasis VI!

[ This Message was edited by: cyntiki 2006-01-18 15:30 ]

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 7:37 pm   Permalink

Wow it's been awhile since I've been on any board other than the Bilge. I just read through the whole thread. Well many thanks to Otto for busting his ass just to give us a weekend party. Hey Casey, man sounds like you got screwed the worst on that whole thing. I would tell you something like don't worry karma will get those guys, but man, it seems like karma has been on break for awhile or something. Whatever, all you can do is be a good person, and everyone here knows that you are a good person. I remember my trip to San Diego for Sven's Tiki Talk. Shelter Island is a very cool place and ultimately Tiki Oasis was made great by the people who came together. I'm sure all those people plan on being at the next Oasis so I don't see why anything should change.

Hey Otto I don't know if you feel it's worth so much hassle just to set up a party, but I just wanted to let you know how much all the Tcers look forward to it each year and how much we appreciate the fact that you have been busting your ass to make this happen.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-27 12:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 11:14, Atomicchick wrote:
Any news yet?

OK, here's the news
I will post a full announcement to TC within the next week
Tiki Oasis 6 will happen in San Diego May 4 -7 at multiple locations
the hotel of choice is Hanalei -DO NOT - I repeat, do not call the hotel or attempt to book into it for any of those days until I release the procedure
I have reserved a room block of 150 rooms with an optional 30 more - more than what we booked over three hotels last year so it will not sell out before every TC member has a chance to book in, OK? Don't call them, they won't book to you. If you do get a room on those dates you will be screwing me out of commission and screwing yourself because you will not be with our block and you will not get our rate.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 12:28 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 1:03 pm   Permalink

I so can't wait for the official announcment on how it all will work

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation