FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-10-31 6:44 pm   Permalink

Long overdue, Munktiki and Tiki Central are proud to announce the second Official Tiki Central Mug Design Contest!

Come up with your own design for the next Tiki Central Mug! The winning design will be sculpted and cast by
Munktiki and will be sold exclusively through Tiki Central as the latest and greatest Tiki Central mug. Just think, your design could be the next to sit next to Shecky!

RULES

Deadlines and how to enter:
  • Designs must be submitted by November 30th at 11:59pm Tiki Central time.

• Submit your design by posting it to Official Mug Entry topic before the deadline. You must arrange the hosting of your own images.

• Final designs will be taken from the Entry topic on December 1st for consideration.

• Please note that if you post your design early other people will be able to see your design. If you wish to avoid people copying or stealing ideas from your design, post your design here close to the end of the deadline.
Entry Guidelines:
  • Designs must be the entrant's original creation.

• Entries should include a design of the straight-on face. Additional angles are welcome but not required.

• Designs must be submitted in the form of images. The image can be a drawing, computer rendering, sketch, painting, photo of a sculpture, etc. As long as you designed it yourself.

• You don't need to be an artist to enter, as long as you can convey your idea in image form.

• In addition to images, a text description of the design and your concept behind it can be included.

• Each member can enter up to a maximum of three designs. Please use your own Tiki Central membership to post your designs.

• Designs are judged on the following: what design would best represent Tiki Central and its members, and creativity.
Other stuff:
  • The winning design will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of Hanford Lemoore, Munktiki, and other Tiki Central members as selected by Hanford Lemoore.

• Winning design becomes the property of Tiki Central.

• The creator of the winning design will get design concept credit and two free mugs.

• Entrants must be members of Tiki Central in good standing.

• Munktiki will make the final sculpt and has the right to modify the winning design as they see fit including shape, size, and glaze color(s).

• Hanford Lemoore has the right to modify deadlines and rules at any time.
Good luck everyone! May the best design win! Please reply to this topic for feedback!

~Hanford and Stuckie

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2005-11-01 02:17 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 7:23 pm   Permalink

I'll bite...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 12:28 am   Permalink

Yeehoo, I am in too, I have a feeling this this is going to be one tough choice for da judges.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 05:28 am   Permalink

Here we go... this will be fun.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 06:23 am   Permalink

I'm in!!!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 06:41 am   Permalink

Am I allowed to enter? Or will I be run out of town for even suggesting that?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 09:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-01 06:41, tikifish wrote:
Am I allowed to enter? Or will I be run out of town for even suggesting that?

send me your ideas and I will 'ghost' enter them!

Actually, the Islander had the Smiley mug, and I think it's time for a real Mr Smiley mug!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 4:44 pm   Permalink

I have been waiting for this since I signed up for Tikicentral. A mug would be a crowning tiki achievement for me. I think that I already have the design that I am going with and I can't believe that there is such a short time to judging. It means that I don't have to wait as long to see what mug that I am going to buy. I think that a lot of people are going to want this one. They are going to sell out quick.

Can we summit a couple of entries?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 6:22 pm   Permalink

I'm in too.

now where are those damned doodles I've been doing....

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2005-11-01 18:28 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 7:53 pm   Permalink

Finally! I'm stoked to enter, we've been talking about this day for a long time. Good luck to all who enter.

How many will be made? How much will they cost?

Do I have to be a Grand Member to get the special color?

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 8:49 pm   Permalink

There was a first mug design contest? When I first read this thread I didn't think I would have any ideas but a few minutes go by and I have a couple. Still some working out to do but this should be fun. Thanks for giving everyone a chance at this.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 9:05 pm   Permalink

sporkboy, here's the winning entry from the first mug contest, a few years ago, designed by tikifish:

Shecky

teakey, Hanford's post states that each TC member can submit up to three designs.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 9:37 pm   Permalink

My mind just hit the nitrous button kicked me back in my seat...

Ill have 3 entries in.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-11-01 11:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-01 19:53, MauiTiki wrote:
How many will be made? How much will they cost?
Do I have to be a Grand Member to get the special color?

In a long-held tradition in Tiki Central Contests, we didn't think it through very far. Those details are still to be decided.

Our hope is to have a mug for every Tiki Central member who wants one, but there's no promises at this point.

More details as they emerge ...

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2005-11-01 23:10 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 01:04 am   Permalink

"Our hope is to have a mug for every Tiki Central member who wants one, but there's no promises at this point."

That'd be so lovely...I long hopelessly for a Shecky to come live with me, and I know I'm not the only one! *snif*

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation