FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 07:36 am   Permalink

No, they just have that new super fast Dial-up internet service

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-01-10 2:20 pm   Permalink

Great image, Unga. PS, don't blame the judges, they were not finalized and notified until roughly a week ago. The slowdown was my fault for various reasons, but our judges are currently deciding. Hold on, you'll know more very, very soon ....

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 7:31 pm   Permalink

It sounds like there won't be a 60 day bump. I can't wait to know the results and see what it will look it and buy one and hold it in my hand. Wait, I'm getting too far ahead of myself. One day at a time teaKEY, one day at a time.

This is like a comic book. Cliffhangers all the way.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 12:15 pm   Permalink

Tune in next week to the dramatic conclusion...
I guess it would be more like an episode of the Batman TV show.

Anyway I just have to say that this has been a really fun contest though I am eagerly awaiting the conclusion (my therapist says that closure would be good for me).

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 02:44 am   Permalink

OOh! Cmon, Im dyin here!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-01-18 12:35 am   Permalink

Update:

So, the votes are in!

but don't get too excited.

Stuckie and I are in the process of reviewing the feasibility and costs of bringing the mug designs to life. This is an important, required step in determining the winning mug!

Stay tuned ....

Also, here is the list of TCers that were asked to judge:

Hanford_lemoore
Stuckie
Verani
PappyTheSailor
Dawn Tiki
Heelgrinder
Martiki
BigBroTiki
Sabina
Finkdaddy
Ikitnrev
Filslash
ScottMcGerik
Bargoyle
Kenike
Puamana
TikiCleen
Doctor Z
Jeff Central
Tangaroa
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Pablus
Trader Woody
Kailuageoff
ZuluMagoo
Tikifish

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 12:39 am   Permalink

hey, how about a short list?

The nominations for best mug are...

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 06:25 am   Permalink

I'm looking forward to seeing who won this contest (even though I didn't enter the contest myself). There were some AWESOME designs entered in that contest (I'ld buy quite a few of the designs if they were ever made). I gotta say there are some AWESOME artists on this site!!!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 06:32 am   Permalink

gonna see ikitnrev on saturday... is bribery allowed? lol

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 06:51 am   Permalink

Just out of curiosity Hanford, how did you choose the judges? Cos I have to say that it looks like a pretty good cross section of TC folk.

Looking forward to seeing the results and placing my order.

When is the corresponding tiki drink contest for this mug?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 08:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 06:51, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Just out of curiosity Hanford, how did you choose the judges? Cos I have to say that it looks like a pretty good cross section of TC folk.

Well, at a guess: first they couldn't have a mug in the contest, second it looks like people with broad tastes in collecting mugs, and third they're people who post often and are accessable.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 08:14 am   Permalink

AND, they're all easy to buy off too. HAHAHAHAHA!

jus kiddin

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 08:24 am   Permalink

Still awaiting bribe payment....... lol

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 08:46 am   Permalink

Don't buy them off too quickly. The votes are in, it said. I'm glad TikiFish got in on this. If you know what is takes to win, then you know what it takes to win. Thats like the final jewel for the the previous mug's crown.

I'm glad that we know the votes are done. I was going to wonder if any Judges were from Florida. Lol. Now go crunch those numbers. It would be interesting to know the different cost for different mugs, although I'm sure someone wouldn't want to know that they lost on cost.
-tea

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-01-18 1:43 pm   Permalink

Yes, I waited until judging was finished before I announced who were judges specifically to reduce bribery. I picked the judges myself, looking for a good cross-section of recent and longtime members from all over, with input from Humuhumu.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation