FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 7:20 pm   Permalink

I'm glad we'll get the results soon. I was ready to initiate the "Peoples Choice Awards"!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 10:38 pm   Permalink

Woohoo! Progress. Hmmm, even if I did find out all the judges before judging, there was too many to bribe... Damn you Hanford! Your too damn organised for the likes of me.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
great kahuna

Posted: 2006-01-21 07:33 am   Permalink

For those of us that have a dream of creating our own tiki mugs, how much does it cost? Basic mug estimate?

View Profile of great kahuna Send a personal message to great kahuna  Email great kahuna Goto the website of great kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-23 02:56 am   Permalink

Sorry folks, Cheeky Tiki and I tried to get some insight into Virani's voting on the Mug Contest, but despite a few of Cheeky's potent Mai Tai's and constant badgering, Virani wouldn't crack. I think it was something to do with a tiki curse, if he told!

So we're still waiting to hear on the results.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 11:55 am   Permalink

I didn't think I had to do this but here is the 60 day bump

Its almost been two date months but sixty one days after the contest has been over. Or three month since the contest started. thats a of a quarter year !

I guess I'm going to stop counting and just check back now and then. Maybe Tueday, Tuesday always bring new things. O well

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 02:02 am   Permalink

Sixty nine dude!!!

I've been waiting for a reason to put that in a post. Excellent!

I'm normally very patient, really, really I am, I swear.

69 day bump just sounds funny or fun I'm not certain.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 02:42 am   Permalink

Good things come to those who wait.

Sorry for the delay. It's my fault. Stuckie and I are still dishing the details of how the winner will be produced and whatnot. It's not a trivial thing.

That said, Stuckie was waiting on me, and I just sent him an email that hopefully will lead to a light at the end of a the tunnel!

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 02:50 am   Permalink

almost there...

...stay on target

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

You guys still nuttin out the details?

Obviuosly you guys gotta do the sums properly and all that - but i wanna know who won! Waiting axiously...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 09:17 am   Permalink

I think they actually are making the mugs and making us suffer for thier own twisted pleasure......ok not really but it sounded good

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 10:05 am   Permalink

Ooooo...I hope it's RevBambooBen's Grandpa's Trader Mort tiki, but Mort's would probably want a cut of the profits!

On a related side note... I picked up my girl from the airport yesterday and we swung by Mort's. I told the guy behind the counter, who I'd never seen before, I saw their ad in Tiki Magazine and that it was a smart move to advertised there (even though I'd been there a hundred times before) and proceeded to pic out about a hundred bucks worth of booze (including their last dusty bottle of 75.5% ALC/VOL Lemon Hart! hehe!) After we'd lined up all our goodies I mentioned the 10% discount coupon in Tiki Mag and the guy said "What about it? If you don't bring it you don't get a discount." I was startled. I told him didn't want to ruin my copy of the magazine by actually ripping the coupon out and that maybe my certain knowledge of it's existence could be enough to let me slide this time, but he wouldn't budge and just stared at me silently frowning. Well, I'm stubborn, and would have stood there all day but my girl wanted to get home, unpack and relax so I forked over the cash. As Trader Mort's employee of the month is handing me my booze he says...
"I know the owner'd do it for ya... but I ain't him!"

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-02-10 10:15 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 10:05, hodadhank wrote:

"I know the owner'd do it for ya... but I ain't him!"

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-02-10 10:15 ]

What a wanker!

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 2:44 pm   Permalink

That's true. The owner is a stand up guy. The employee sounds like a jerk.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 08:34 am   Permalink

Good help is hard to find. The Demerara was worth every penny!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 10:00 am   Permalink

Looking forward to hearing who the winner is and to see the mug that won.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation