FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mug Design Contest Entry topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Mug Design Contest Entry topic
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-10-31 6:48 pm   Permalink

IMPORTANT: Please only post entries here.

Comments, questions, feedback, and everything else belong in the
Mug Contest Rules topic.

Anything posted to this topic other than entries will be deleted.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-31 9:31 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady 2006-09-14 19:57 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 06:04 am   Permalink

i wanted to beat unga bunga to the microsoft paint design, so here is my entry #1.

i'll put more than 2 minutes into entries #2 and #3

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:24 pm   Permalink

Put this in the wrong place before. ..(thanks and sorry Hanford.)

OK, consider it officially submitted.
(...and thanks, Doc FF.)

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 7:22 pm   Permalink

RevBambooBen
Grand Member (2251)

Posted: 3 days ago; 08:23 am

I want to enter this one. It's soooo Zazzz!
--------
Designs must be submitted in the form of images. The image can be a drawing, computer rendering, sketch, painting, photo of a sculpture, etc. As long as you designed it yourself.
---------
Well, my Grandfather designed it, and.... I'm named after him, and..... I'm carrying on the family tradition, and... it's a major part of tiki history, so.........does that count??

It would be a great mug for TC.

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-11-07 19:18 ]

photo courtsy of Critiki!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 9:34 pm   Permalink

here is my first mug design, it is from a carving i did over the summer. It is off a tiki squating on a rock, with his arms around his legs.

The second design is of a tiki torch mug. the mug has a lid that comes off. on the lid the wick is hollowed out for 151 rum, making the torch actually fire up. the bottom is hallow, with the look of bamboo.

the third one is of a stool i carved a while ago.

well thats it for me

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:44 am   Permalink

Here is my first submission, Smokin' Moai. I hope that you really meant it when you said you didn't have to be an artist because I'm not.

I'm tired of those guys over in Spain having all of the fun with dry ice and smoking tropical drinks. It's about time we had something like that. In this design I went very angular with a simple moai design. What sets this guy apart is that there are to chambers for liquid. The lower part being able to hold water and dry ice and the upper part for your drink.

Please note the small lip in the bottom part to help the bottom liquid from sloshing out. A straw would be most useful with drinking from this mug.

The coloring I'm not picky about though the mouth should have a contrasting glaze, reddish or brown maybe. This would be helpful if you took a small glow stick and popped it in there either with the dry ice mixture or without it.

The design was partially inspired by a 60's mod fireplace. I hope that you like it.

Sporkboy

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 3:19 pm   Permalink

Here is my entry...its just a scetch for now...side view to and color to fallow...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 6:54 pm   Permalink

This mug would best represent Tiki Central and its members, and creativity, because it shows people being "consumed" by Tiki.
I call this mug design "The Happy Cannibal"

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-05-04 07:23 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 1:15 pm   Permalink

Congrats Chongo!

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-02-20 13:23 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-13 8:37 pm   Permalink

Here's mine:

Everyone (just about) who is on this board has one particular mug they want. But everyone can agree that it would be nice to get the Ren Clark severed head mug. Well for those who cannot get that mug, have something equally gruesome, I give you straight from the Kahiki Palms Motel & Tiki Lounge: Unkle John's Shrunken Head:

I did how ever think of a small hole in the side of his mouth for an decorative pipe.

www.unklejohn.com

My Tiki Lounge http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2005-11-13 20:48 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-15 11:33 am   Permalink

Here goes my entry... the (Hanford) Lemoai.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 06:16 am   Permalink

damn, this is some stiff competition. well i'll throw in my entry #2 anyways.

j$'s sacrificial god pitcher

kind of bending the rules here. the intention for this is that we have so many mugs to drink out of, this would be a supporting piece. the mixologist could make a pitcher of the intended drink and pour it from this sacrificial/ceremonial vessel into the awaiting tiki mugs. although the sketch suggests a scale relative to the size of the hand, we would have to work with the actual overall size and capacity to make it feasible, so i have not dimensioned the design. the inspirations are twofold, the first is obviously the kahiki sacrificial god fireplace. the second source is midcentury coffee carafes, which were often made from lab beakers or at least bear the populuxe "hourglass" shape. the hope is that the shape of the pouring top would afford a good gripping surface even if it were covered with condensation from your frosty concoctions, and even if you had already mixed a couple rounds prior to now...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-16 4:58 pm   Permalink

Wow! Lots of fun entries!
Here's my Entry #1, it's based on a Birthday Card I made for my girlfriend Lynn (TC Name: LynnMcTiki).

Here are some photos of the actual mug I made to go with the card:

Hope you like it. I'll be back with entries #2 and #3 later.

[ This Message was edited by: RanTiki 2005-11-16 17:02 ]

View Profile of RanTiki Send a personal message to RanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-17 09:21 am   Permalink

I'm officially entering the fray with a TC Headhunter mug, complete with an official TC loincloth. This design will present some challenges, but I expect the guys at Munktiki would be more than up for it.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation