FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Aloha John's Tiki Lounge is done! -updated pics 3/6/08-
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Aloha John's Tiki Lounge is done! -updated pics 3/6/08-
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 12:42 am   Permalink

Welcome, like the model A. Building a couple mee self.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 5:17 pm   Permalink

Well I've come along with the lounge since those earlier pics, thanks in part to the inspiration and talented artists I've found here on TC. I thought you'd all like to see an update. I still have a few things to paint and/or varnish but this is as "done" as it'll be for a while. This is basically a 360 degree tour. I hope you enjoy it...I sure do!

I have made some MAJOR changes in the backyard too...but you'll have to wait a little while longer to see those.

Oh and due to the response from the car pics I posted before here's an update- I had to sell the van (too many projects) but the Model A is getting painted right now...

Uh oh, hmmmmm...I don't know why this is "tiki carving" forum now. Oh well.

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2007-06-23 17:22 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 05:39 am   Permalink

Hey man, fantastic tiki lounge you're showing here, makes us feel we're in big island.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 06:22 am   Permalink

Very nice collection of carvings. Congratulations on a great island escape.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 1:18 pm   Permalink

Nice place, and nice color on the Rod... what kinda paint is that anyway?

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 10:22 pm   Permalink

Lounge looks good Aloha Jon! Thanks again for picking up one of my Tangaroa masks... looks good in there!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 09:41 am   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments.

Lake Surfer- I'd sure like to get some more of your carvings! That dutch door I have your mask on still needs "something" to showcase it better, like matting and bamboo. I'd like to get rid of as much of the white as a I can.

I still need to paint the window grid and varnish that bamboo trim so it matches the Bamboo Ben bar.

I have consided laying down some outdoor carpet too. It'd be easier to clean. As it is now I have to use my shop vac and suck between all the bricks. But when we get a heavy rain, water does creep into the lounge between the bricks so I'm worried it wouldn't dry under the carpet and get moldy? And I'd hate to have to remove all the furniture to pull the carpet out to dry.

I finally put my old computer speakers in the bar so now I just plug in my ipod shuffle with the exotica playlist and lean back with a mai tai...oh man it's nice.

As for the sedan- the color is Ford Toreador Red. That color was actually an "Oops". The color was supposed to be Dark Toreador Red and when the shop ordered the paint he accidently left out the work "dark". But it looks so nice we said let's leave it. It was supposed to match the wheels.

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 7:13 pm   Permalink

The rod is looking great Nice bar area too, I spy a few pieces from various TCers in there too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mzoltarp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 09:42 am   Permalink

Great space! I have one dumb question: How much overhead space is there between the blades of the fan and say a 6 foot man's head? This is an issue I've been wrestling with for two spaces at my house.

View Profile of mzoltarp Send a personal message to mzoltarp  Goto the website of mzoltarp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 7:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey. Yes I'm proud to have all those TCer created pieces on my walls. And I want more! Soon I'll need more stuff for the walls as I make my way around the back of the garage and start the bar out in the yard.

mzoltarp- I am 6'4" and the fan blades are at 6'10". But my fan is over the table so there's less chance for flailing arms getting into them. Before the table was there I had walked under it and with the 6" clearance I didn't have the feeling I needed to duck.

Oh look there's me now enjoying another mai tai and the company of my tiki.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 10:15 pm   Permalink

Nice place, John! The folks down at the Hanalei will be mighty pissed when they find their tiki missing.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 11:49 pm   Permalink

Great space! Really nice job! I'd love to have my space looking like that!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 10:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha TCers...my Tiki Lounge is done! Well at least the white wall and dutch door are now burried under matting. And all my varnishing is finished. I suppose as long as you guys keep whipping up cool stuff it'll never be done, right? Not too many new pieces in these pics, other than the outrigger lamp (that I still have not repaired), Bartiki barstools, Lake Surfer skulls, Monkeyman lamp, and a bunch more glass floats, but lots of rearranging. Wow I can't believe how different it looks from those first pics I posted!

--------------------------------------------------------
I hope the rest of you don't mind by I thought I'd sneak in a quick Model A update for the car guys, it's done too!

In my driveway-

Upholstery-

In front of my house-

Magazine photo shoot just up Hwy 18 from Berdoo.

I am sooooo happy with the way it turned out. This has been a 4 year long project.

-Aloha John

[ This Message was edited by: Aloha John 2008-03-07 07:50 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 10:42 pm   Permalink

Is the Jeep gonna get the same treatment?

( poor jeep. left in the dust. )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sur2baja
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-06 10:45 pm   Permalink

Great looking rod! Are you going to be at the Temecula Rod Run this upcoming weekend?

View Profile of sur2baja Send a personal message to sur2baja      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation