FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Lots of Palms for Tikis - Courtesy of Wilma
Lots of Palms for Tikis - Courtesy of Wilma
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 08:25 am   Permalink

Any carvers near the south florida area have plenty of downed palm trees ... enough to keep you guys busy carving for a long time! Every time I drive around my neighborhood, I say "Wow, that one would make a great tiki!" Unfortunately, I don't have any artistic talent in the area of carving, but anyone who does ... and who live close by, should come on down with a pickup truck and get them before they get picked up in the bulk trash pickup.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 11:49 am   Permalink

I live in Palm City, and I have been collecting alot so far, but the problem is that a fresh tree weighs about.... 2 much.

Thanks for the tip though

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-01 11:50 ]

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-01 3:35 pm   Permalink

Maybe Benzart & Swanky can arrange to have a flatbed full of them gathered and sent to Tennessee for the carving seminar next Spring. That's about the only way I'm ever gonna get a palm log. Ain't too many up here in MO !!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 11:18 am   Permalink

OK the wife is pissed. Official count: 2-5' Coconut, 2-6' Washingtonias, alot of Mahogany, 2-3'x2' Ficus, and alot of Carrotwood. That doesn't count the 2 sabal palms in my front yard that have had the tops blown off. Its gonna be a busy winter decorating my new back patio!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 3:13 pm   Permalink

Definitely plenty to be found... Free the South Florida Tikis!!!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 3:28 pm   Permalink

Gifts from Wilma.(Hurricane wilma in case my wife reads this.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-14 12:07 pm   Permalink

A truck load of those palms would be Mighty heavy. You would need a decent sized trailer and truck to get those to Tenn. It Would be nice tho.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-26 04:41 am   Permalink

Aloha joefla70!!!!!!!
Wilma was good for one thing (wood) that was about all she was good for.Benzart and I did a road trip last week and scored a trailor full of mahagony. nice stuff!. you should try your hand at carving my friend. Aloha joe, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation