Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music CDs with ukulele for airplay
CDs with ukulele for airplay
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-02 12:39 pm   Permalink

Any band or solo act which includes ukulele in their music mix is welcome to send a CD to me for consideration for airplay. I don't play one-offs. (i'm supposed to play only CDs with UPC bar codes but i play others anyway.)

please send your CDs to:
Uke Jackson
PO Box 492
Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327

CDs are played over the air on WNTI 91.9 FM -- 43,000 weekly listeners in the region, according to Arbitron ratings -- and streaming on demand by clicking
http://tinyurl.com/a6lo5 as part of the Flaming Ukulele Radio Hour, with Uke Jackson.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-02 10:51 pm   Permalink

I'm sending one.
Meanwhile here's some samples.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/wikiwakiwoo

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-07 09:17 am   Permalink

thanks. i have this cd and have given it a spin on a number of occasions.

View Profile of uke jackson Send a personal message to uke jackson  Goto the website of uke jackson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 10:52 am   Permalink

Uke Jackson,

I'm sending you a copy of the new WAITIKI album, that Abe Lagrimas Jr. (a.k.a. the Space Kadet) plays uke on.

You might remember us from our other project, AKAMAI BRAIN COLLECTIVE. (Thanks for playing our music in the past!)

-Randy Wong

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-07 4:00 pm   Permalink

thanks, randy. abe is a pretty awesome ukulele player. what happened to abc?

professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-07 16:00, uke jackson wrote:
thanks, randy. abe is a pretty awesome ukulele player. what happened to abc?

ABC's been doing well. we gig less -- been more focused on WAITIKI, but we did a tour to the seattle-area last may, where we performed at the Western Washington University Lu'au, and are playing down in new jersey on saturday.

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 7:00 pm   Permalink

by the way, did eric send you a promo copy of abe's new album "dimensions" yet? let me know, i can see if we can get one of those over to ya too.

-randy

uke jackson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-08 5:58 pm   Permalink

no copy of dimensions but i'd love one. if you're in nj on saturday, will you be there friday? maybe you can come by and do the radio show live?

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation