FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vic's Syrups...
Trader Vic's Syrups...
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-17 5:59 pm   Permalink

I am enjoying a cocktail as I type this (I don't know what it is - I winged it. I used OJ, Meyers rum, Bacardi rum, Trader Vics Coco Creme, and Grenadine - any idea what this would be?). Anyway, I keep all of my Trader Vic's syrups in the refridgerator and they have all solidified somewhat. How long can you keep these in a refridgerator? I have had these a year and they still taste fine to me. I would assume that unless they change color or look funny they're safe to use, although I would think at some point they'd start to taste weird. Any experience with these in regard to how long they keep?

Sean
http://www.doublecrownrecords.com

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-17 6:00 pm   Permalink

Oh, in my cocktail there's also a little apricot brandy...

Sean
http://www.doublecrownrecords.com

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-17 6:30 pm   Permalink

Would that be a "Tiki Sunrise"?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-11-18 12:56 pm   Permalink

Double Crown wrote:
"I keep all of my Trader Vic's syrups in the refridgerator and they have all solidified somewhat. How long can you keep these in a refridgerator?"

You must keep the Passion Fruit syrup in the fridge or it spoils but you should not put Grenadine in the fridge because it seperates. Other than those, it's up to you. I keep most syrups in the fridge because I have more space in the fridge than behind my bar and it might help them last longer.

My old bottle of Falernum has a large lump in the bottom from being in the fridge - it seems to taste fine though.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation