FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts dear g*d!!! more piantings i'll forever be without!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
dear g*d!!! more piantings i'll forever be without!
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 1:51 pm   Permalink

man...

i remember before i had really shown in galleries how i was SOOO quick to judge an artist's work...having only seen images printed in books or posted on line...but when you see it in person for the first time there is usually 2 typical reactions...

1 "i thought it's be way smaller" - thanks to publishing
2 "the color is WAY different than when i first saw it" - again publishing

this is true of EVERY artists work...so having work seen is the important part...not selling...comments critiques and kudos are what it's all about...seen in a book - great ... seen in person - always better... and that is why la luz is such a big deal...if you go to an opening there it's not just a stop in a gallery...you get to hear music you wouldn't have heard...thumb through books you didn't know existed and i can't afford but want...see people you know but won't return your phone calls...make love to strange a lurid men/women who's names you won't catch...get polio and find the cure and this has been happpening at La Luz for 20 years now...every other low brow gallery is a byter...they byte artists and clients...buy and re-sell...everyone goes to shows at la luz/billy shire gallery because everyone else is going to be there...ESPECIALLY gallerists!

there is a reason people want to show there and i am blessed to have the support that i have found here at tiki central in order to make a gallery like this one notice me and give me a chance to show there...so thanks everyone!

Scott and Christine - Rich and Marianne ... and to the rest of TC... thank you!

2007 will be a great show...you MAY even find a piece in there that you like even if it ISN'T a tiki piece?

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-16 1:57 pm   Permalink

Congrats, Miles baby! LONG overdue. So, so happy for you. I can taste that pre-show Chi Chi now....

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-18 2:20 pm   Permalink

Separation anxiety!?!?!

Another artist told me.
"Some times you gotta sell one of your kids."

I would have a hard time parting with any of those paintings.

Congrats!

EB

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 10:06 am   Permalink

Kooche, I don't know why I haven't replied to your posts before, but I just have to say that I absolutely love your work. When budget allows, I will definitely put a piece on my wall. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:05 am   Permalink

Aloha kooche!!!!
Really cool work !!! keep the creative art coming! Aloha Jimmy Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:19 am   Permalink

thanks you guys...i can't believe a la luz show is finally a reality that i wake up to every morning...it's sooo cool! hard work pays off! thanks for being my incentive!

incidentally - anyone that is interested in owning a smallish (affordable) tiki piece might want to contact roq la rue gallery in seattle WA and get ono the list as there will be but one in my december show there...it'll be for the month of august - the hottest month of the year!

thanks again y'all...going now to get more painting going!

aloha

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 09:56 am   Permalink

so now this topic has truly lived up to it's name...all of these paintings sold out of La Luz de Jesus...YES! i am very happy to report that the final piece of "lunar activity" sold to a celebrity that i LOOOVE! i won't name them but i am forever flattered and happy to know that this person saw something in one of my paintings...i say YES!

merry xmas tiki centralites!

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 10:12 am   Permalink

Congrats Miles!!! You deserve plenty of sales and recognition!!! Hope to see you at Tiki Ti in a week or so!!! Merry Christmas!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 10:47 am   Permalink

thansk man...

tiki ti???
dude i am there!
TORO!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 2:02 pm   Permalink

I bet it was Leo who bought it. Are there pictures of the event?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-22 2:36 pm   Permalink

Congrats miles - that's awesome news! These paintings are INCREDABLE - and even more incredable in person!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 2:59 pm   Permalink

LEO...haha...very insider of you...but no...this person is to me WAAAY cooler than leo D...though i have to admit it if he were the buyer that'd be collectortastic...i'd dork out just as hard on that sale in a different light...

my wife is teasing me about it so i know she thinks it's cool...i feel totally dreamy! i'm just glad the piece is in someone's home and not here at my house...but it really has made my year complete!

see you at the bar!

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 3:11 pm   Permalink

...you may want to bring some of your cool art to chicago in june for the dva gallerys 2nd annual group tiki show and anniversary party....,

you can contact david at the gallery via the link:

www.dvagallery.com

it's kinda early, but these things tend to sneak up on us...i'd would love to see your work up close and add a painting to my collection...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 3:20 pm   Permalink

... very colorful...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-22 4:19 pm   Permalink

Miles-

congratulations again, we are very happy for you.

I am sure the dude is as happy about his purchase as you are about selling it to him, and he will likely come back for more kooche art. We speak from experience, and are going to need to a new house to fit all your stuff.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation