[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Humuhumu Room Improvements
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Humuhumu Room Improvements
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-01 7:02 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,
Your place knocks me out! It's a good thing I don't live there...I'd never leave the house (but that might be a good thing).

Cheers,
Shipwreck Joey

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 2:50 pm   Permalink

I get asked about the status of the Humuhumu Room all the time, and now I finally have some news to report after my recent visit to Seattle:

(To get new folks up to speed: I used to be married, we split amicably about a year and a half ago. I had a tiki bar you can read about in earlier posts in this thread.)

When divying up our possessions, the Humuhumu Room was the only thing that the ex-Mr. Humuhumu & I just couldn't really deal with--the room had always been mine more than his and there was no disputing that it would go to me in the settlement, but neither of us could deal with the prospect of actually dismantling it. My ex has graciously allowed me to keep it all there in the house we used to share until I was settled & able to deal with relocating the contents to my new home here in Los Angeles. A few small items came with me to Los Angeles (a few books & CDs, mostly), but it has pretty much been totally intact.

While in Seattle, I visited my ex, our kitties, and the Humuhumu Room. In my absence, my ex has grown to really love the Humuhumu Room, and he's been actively using it. This makes me terrifically happy. Looking around the room, I realized that the individual components are all either replaceable, or not practical to dismantle and move.

So I am happy to report: The Humuhumu Room lives on. It is my gift to my ex, for having been a wonderful part of my life for seven years. I took a few items (my Gecko plaque, my black velvet painting, my Russian nesting tiki dolls, a kukui nut lei, and the Humuhumu Room menu). The rest will continue to be exactly as it has been. Now that my ex has some blank spaces on the walls to fill, I told him I could connect him with some swell artists to help him out.

The downside of this: my ex is not social. (Hence, the "ex" part of his moniker.) This little tiki paradise will still not likely ever be seen by tikiphile eyes, and dogbytes will likely remain the only TCer to have ever visited the room. My ex isn't exactly a candidate to go whole-hog into tikidom, and never even lurks around here.

It feels good to have this chapter closed, and not have it nagging at the back of my mind any longer. And now, I'm free to start daydreaming about the new digs....

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-24 3:37 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu,

the spirit of the Humuhumu Room lives on wherever your travels take you ~ it's nice to know all the hard work you and your dad put into the house will stay intact and will be enjoyed.

much luv
elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 4:22 pm   Permalink

You are such a sweetheart Humu to do that and at least you will have made him a lil bit of a tiki nut, I can imagine it must be hard some what, but hey, TIME TO GO SHOPPING!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 5:21 pm   Permalink

Humu, so howz the new Humuhumu room coming along?

pics please

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 6:14 pm   Permalink

"Greater love hath no woman than this, that a woman lay down her tiki bar for her friends."

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 8:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-24 17:21, Tiki Bird wrote:
Humu, so howz the new Humuhumu room coming along?

pics please

Verrry funny.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 01:48 am   Permalink

So it's true what they say;
"Behind every successful tiki, there is a Humuhumu.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 12:59 pm   Permalink

HumuHumu,I have to say that what put your room over the top was the MENU! How fun is that!?I absolutely adore menus,have hundreds of them,and that,to me,is what made your room so nifty!Any other folks out there with personalized tiki menus for their home bars?If not,give some thought about creating one.I'd love to see them!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 01:21 am   Permalink

Somewhere around here, there's a thread with people's home bar menus, but for the life of me I can't find it using the Search tool! Maybe someone more clever can find it and post a link? It was a great thread, and deserves to be revived.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 5:29 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:09 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:05 pm   Permalink

Just think, now you get to create a better one.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 10:51 pm   Permalink

All the birds say words...
And the flowers bloom...
In the Humuhumuhumuhumuhumu Roooooom!

Sorry, had ta do it.

Now, where'd my martini go?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation