FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 10:14 am   Permalink

I can't think of a better way to make my first post on Tiki Central in several months than to announce plans for the fourth annual Florida Ohana Luau at the Hawaiian Inn in Daytona Beach.

The dates are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, January 27,28, 29. Friday will be dinner at Julian's (they DON'T take reservations, but we'll let them know approximately how many are coming), and Saturday will be Teauila's Hawaiian luau and show at the Hawaiian Inn (they do take reservations).

We picked these dates because they are close to my wife's birthday (which is how this party got started) and because Tiki Bree and Tristan can make it on that weekend.

As those that have been to this party in previous years can testify, this is a very informal event intended as a chance to relax and party at one of the best Polynesian Pop culture sites in the state.

In case anyone is wondering we've tried vending, but everyone has been too lazy to bother with that - so just pack a suitcase and show up with no worries. Also, this is basically an adults weekend meaning you can bring kids if you want, but don't be surprised if the cops come looking for you at 2 a.m.

As in previous years everyone is responsible for their own reservations.

For hotel information and reservations, go here:
http://www.hawaiianinn.com/

For dinner and show reservations, go here:
http://www.teauilashawaii.com/index.htm

If you intend to join us, please post below so I can sound like I sort of know what is happening when I talk to the guys at the hotel.

I'll post a few more details as the date gets nearer. If you have questions better asked off-line, e-mail me at geoffsun@earthlink.net and write "Hawaiian Inn" in the subject line. Please don't send me e-mails asking me if you will be welcome or whether you will have a good time because you are and you will.

Mahalo & aloha,
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-11-07 10:16 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 11:17 am   Permalink

Captain Pokie and I will most definitely be there! Count us in and email me if there's anything I can do to help you out in any way Geoff!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 11:17 am   Permalink

Yipppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start looking forward to this intimate gathering by February (as in: as-soon-as-it's over) and have to wait sooooooo long for it. It's almost here!! Thanks KG for the superb date choice, this would be one very sad wahine if I coudn't come.
O Vern, are you sure about you decision?????

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 12:05 pm   Permalink

Well, I wouldn't miss it! I'll need to run through the details with the better half, but the annual East Coast Tiki Revival at the Hawaiian Inn has been a high priority, and pencilled into our calendar for some time now.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 12:50 pm   Permalink

I missed the last one and the last Hukilau but now that I finally am getting my shit together promise to make it to this one. It just sucks that Geoff and Pablus will be there.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-07 4:18 pm   Permalink

Would not miss it for the world!
Trying to find a shirt that will look faaaabooolous in the blacklight of Teauila's show is going to be my priority until then...

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 4:58 pm   Permalink

Don't let Flounder know but I'm changing the dates. I'll send everyone but him a private message. Shhhhhh!

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff 2005-11-07 17:02 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 5:18 pm   Permalink

Geoff,
Katie and I (and perhaps #1 son) will be there. No wimping out for us this year!

Thanks,
JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 8:13 pm   Permalink

Sounds great.
I think Haole Kats and The Crazed Mugs will make the trek together and jam the weekend into the ground... or surf.

FURTHER, I may MIX a super Zombie Barrell, but I guarantee that I won't be supping it... much...

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2005-11-07 9:18 pm   Permalink

Gotta love it......tag me in for the weekend. No guarantees however that I won't be supping on the Zombie Barrel........that is a drink right Pablus?

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 06:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-07 12:05, Humuhumu wrote:
Well, I wouldn't miss it!

Humuhumu.............can we still have our annual slow dance together???????
You wont mind, will you Hanford.............

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-11 2:35 pm   Permalink

We can't wait!!!!!! The Hawaiian Inn party is a blast with an awesome group of tiki people!!! YIPEE!!! I know exactly what dress I will wear! YEAH!!!!!

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 08:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-11 14:35, Neptune Wahine wrote:
We can't wait!!!!!! The Hawaiian Inn party is a blast with an awesome group of tiki people!!! YIPEE!!! I know exactly what dress I will wear! YEAH!!!!!

Pretty girls in pretty dresses is so tiki! YIPEE!!!!
KG

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 6:28 pm   Permalink

And the annual bench pressing of Humuhumu?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-12 10:34 pm   Permalink

We're in....

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation