FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 7:21 pm   Permalink

Our vote is for just about anywhere from Daytona to Tampa to Atlanta. We'll be there, just tell us when and where!

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 07:53 am   Permalink

Thanks for kicking up this thread again Chip!

Ohanas sounds great. I wanted to revive the East Coast Tiki Revival as that is such a great place for a casual weekender, plus, there's tons of vintage shopping, sightseeing and great places all around for picture taking, etc.

Weeki Wachee was another plan as I haven't been at all yet and I would love to see it along with many friends.

I do have some pics of Daytona destinations in my flickr account if that will help any of you sway that way
Flickr Photos

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2007-09-03 07:58 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-03 07:53, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Weeki Wachee was another plan as I haven't been at all yet and I would love to see it along with many friends....

This is, in my opinion, one of the best road-side attractions I have ever seen!

http://www.weekiwachee.com/

There isnt much to do in the immediate area, but there is more than enough to entertain us in the actual park. And, as much as we would scare the tails off of the mermaids, they would love to have a group like ours running around the place.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 2:18 pm   Permalink

Chip,

I know that you and Andy made Weeki Wachee a part of a larger road trip at one time. Can you remember any antique stores, etc. along the way? Possible road side hotels we can all stay in?

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 06:52 am   Permalink

The first official meeting place of the East Coast Tiki Revival will be the Polynesian Resort at Disney. We can all mingle about the gardens and take in dinner at O'hanas.

Let's throw some dates around to see what would be good for everyone. I know the weekend of October 6 and October 20 is out for me. Any other suggestions?

I'm planning a few other things so more to come......

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2007-09-04 06:53 ]

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 05:14 am   Permalink

Weeki Wachee!!!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 05:14, GatorRob wrote:
Weeki Wachee!!!

Here are a few photos for those that haven't been.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 5:28 pm   Permalink

Weeki Wachi is classic. While you're in the area don't forget to visit Homosassa Springs as well.

A good old fashioned inner tuge reggatta should also be part of the festivities. Drinking, floating, and hangin with good people on a river is "all-time Florida" in my opinion.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 08:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-04 06:52, tiki_kiliki wrote:
The first official meeting place of the East Coast Tiki Revival will be the Polynesian Resort at Disney. We can all mingle about the gardens and take in dinner at O'hanas.
Let's throw some dates around to see what would be good for everyone. I know the weekend of October 6 and October 20 is out for me. Any other suggestions?

Let's do Polynesian soon and then we can plan the next excursion together!
Most Saturday evenings will be OK for me 'cept:
Sept 22
Nov 3, 10, &
Dec 8

Reservations need to be made for the group as soon as we nail down a date. This is a good time to go since kids are back to school.

I'll pitch a date........
how about October 13th???
Who's onboard???

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-09-06 15:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-09-06 15:37 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 4:13 pm   Permalink

OK!

Get your best aloha wear ready....

pack the overnight case....

the dates and specifics for the next East Coast Tiki Revival are being nailed down as I type.....

Details soon! Very, very soon!

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:42 am   Permalink

Okay, so what's the final on the date? Need to plan ahead. Weekends filling up fast!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 07:38 am   Permalink

The weekend of November 3rd!!

All details to be announced later today!

Fishkilla

Posted: 2007-09-10 09:31 am   Permalink

Awww man Weekiwachee!Way Cool.

View Profile of Fishkilla Send a personal message to Fishkilla  Email Fishkilla     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 4:47 pm   Permalink

"Boo-hoo", I cannot attend that weekend.......at a conference........

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation