FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New TIKI-Painting called...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New TIKI-Painting called...
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 2:38 pm   Permalink

"It's All About The Tiki", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 40 cm...

If anyone is interested there are prints available of this one (the original is still available, too)...just e-mail me @
thorsten.hasenkamm@t-online.de ...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 3:52 pm   Permalink

Sweet use of every thing. I really like the bold use of color. Thanks for posting it. Is it digitally created?

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 3:59 pm   Permalink

Long time Thorsten. What a great way to come back and say Hello. Love the tikis, the singer, the girl, and most of all the smoking fish. He lights my fire. We have missed you and your awesome work. Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 4:01 pm   Permalink

I don't think that its digital because I just don't. PLus there is an original and digital would not have anything other than a print expect for a pencil sketch. its got a little Kooche in their with the bongo/caption

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 5:45 pm   Permalink

AWESOME! MORE! THANKS!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 11:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

This one is not digital created, it's Acrylic on PVC like I wrote above...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 04:47 am   Permalink

This is one of my favorites that you've done. Nice work! Your style lends itself well to that "dismembered" object sort of thing, which I'm really starting to dig these days.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 06:43 am   Permalink

Cool! Always love your work. More tikis!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 09:00 am   Permalink

Nice! I caught myself looking at this painting for quite awhile. It is a very cool piece of work. I must admit I thought some of it was done digitally also. You handle your medium well, I really like those fishes and the crooners hair is pretty cool to. I too am glad to see ya posting more of your work Thorsten.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 10:02 am   Permalink

Nice painting! Brings back memories of growing up in the South Bay and driving by the Tiki apts on the way to the beach.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 11:48 am   Permalink

i really love this one a lot

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 2:13 pm   Permalink

What is a PVC. its sounds like plastic.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 3:06 pm   Permalink

PVC is short for PolyVinylChlorid, it's a 4mm thick sort of plastic that needs to be gessoed (just like wood, too when you paint on it) before painting...PVC doesn't soak gesso or paint like wood does and it's lighter and flexible!

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 4:52 pm   Permalink

Soooooo good. I love the depth in the colors, the flow and the way each element stands out. Beautiful.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-11 09:44 am   Permalink

Thanks!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation