[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Name that band
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Name that band
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 09:49 am   Permalink

Coupla clues: these guys..by most accounts were the ultimate cheese. They had one big hit...and that was it.

Name that band....

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-09 10:18 am   Permalink

Starland Vocal Band?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 10:23 am   Permalink

damn...you got it onthe first try. I wouldn't have known this...totally forgot what they looked like. Not like they were very memorable to begin with...

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-09 11:49 am   Permalink

In some ways I was hoping I was wrong. Oh well.

Oh and thanks a lot, now I got that lame Afternoon Delight song stuck in my head...

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:04 pm   Permalink

HA!

Starland Vocal Band are one of those quintessential 'here today-gone tomorrow' situations that I wish would happen to alot of the pop artists that exist today. They had a mega-giant hit with "Afternoon Delight", were nominated for 5 grammys and won the grammy for "Best New Artists" and from all of that...based on one song...they even had a variety show on CBS for a short time, with a young David Letterman as one of the regulars. After that? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They went nowhere. Pretty amazing. Why can't that happen to Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Ashlee Simpson? You'd figure after so much lambasting in the press and the obviousness of their lack of talent that they'd be history by now...BUT THEY'RE STILL AROUND and they still have an audience. What gives?? Total 'Teflon Idol' situation. They should all have the Starland Vocal Band curse!!!!

alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-09 12:04, donhonyc wrote:
... They went nowhere. Pretty amazing. Why can't that happen to Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Ashlee Simpson? You'd figure after so much lambasting in the press and the obviousness of their lack of talent that they'd be history by now...BUT THEY'RE STILL AROUND and they still have an audience...

... people only die when you forget them...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:14 pm   Permalink

How can I forget them if they won't die already?

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:18 pm   Permalink

Name the Band......
(Another one hit wonder)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:22 pm   Permalink

Tommy Tutone.

I liked that song 867-5309/Jenny

otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hmmm.... Casper Luntruch and the Wine Street Warriors??

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:48 pm   Permalink

Yep, probably Tommy Tutone.

But it does look a little like Billy Vera and the Beaters.

What's the story, Unga?

Keep this thread alive!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-11-09 12:57 pm   Permalink

OK, here's the business: I got this off the internet some time ago, but it's a killer band ID quiz.

Download it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/7411612/band_quiz_2.xls.html

It's an excel file. 270 questions. It's pretty tough. It was made in the UK, so expect it to be very brit-centric. Also very current, which killed me. Lots of boy bands, etc.

See how well you can do, and DON'T CHEAT. Post your scores here.

I got 140.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:39 am   Permalink

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 08:48 am   Permalink

Pappy, why do fools fall for Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-10 09:14 am   Permalink

Ok... I've got one for ya', what band is this?

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation