FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 1:16 pm   Permalink

Awesome nice to see some more larger scale work keep chippin away man

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 03:38 am   Permalink

wow Kai - its a pleasure seeing your pics - awesome carvings. I love the bar stools with the foot rests. Don't take so long till your next post!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 07:05 am   Permalink

Aloha,

thank you all so much for your entries and your kind words and all your congratulations. I´m so happy that I can give pleasure with my pictures.
Yes, the big carving jobs are always great and a big spectacle. Many viewers were really impressed, while I was carving live.
I think it is a great chance to show the people how many time and effort it needs to create a tiki.
Than they understand why it is artand not cheap to make.

But I have also done some other jobs. I created some new paper-mâché masks and carved some smaller tikis.
However first I will answer your questions.

Benzart, yes it´s right, next week I will be in Miami for Harold Golen´s Kaiju art show and we like
to visit the Maikai at the 4rd December. If somebody like to have a cocktail with us, please come.
AlohaStation and Loki will also be there. In one of the next posts, I will show some pictures of my work.

GROG, I try to work careful and compare often the proportion and the distance between the lines.
For the finish I use a angle grinder to get clean lines. That´s all!

AlohaStation, what will be our first drink next week? I am looking forward to order a Black Magic at the happyhour.
Hmmmm...

crazy al, I hope we will have no unforeseen occurrence and arrive just in time to Miami with our Kon-Tiki Boat.
I heard there is sometimes a crazy pirate, sailing on a beach ball and always like to fight.
Cannonball!!!

congatiki, yes a TC Bandwagon would be cool! We could make all togehter a big carver tour and preaching the word of Tiki.
Who will be the busdriver?

Lake Surfer, yes that was a great party on the beach. Great that we met us there. We have to do it again!

Clarita, yes you are right! Fun is very important to work creativ. I made also other experience and
so I try to be careful not to overwork myself and losing the fun.
I think if you have no fun, you couldn´t work very creativ and you will not be happy with your finished work.

marcus thorn, I saw your last pictures at TC. Wow, your last work is highclass with all the textures.
I would also like to start such a piece. I have a really big and heavy oak log, but if I start with it,
it also means a lots of hours in the cold garage. Brrrr... Last Friday we got the first snow this year!

Okey, now here are some new pictures.
They are not so spectacular like the big tikis but I hope you like them also. Please if anybody have
a tip for me or think I could make something better, please feel free and talk to me.

Here you can see the masks I made for our decoration inventory. They are all out of polystyrene and paper-mâché.
It´s great to use them for decoration jobs, because they are very light and easy to transport.
In the background you can see the first mask I created 2 years ago. A big PNG Trader Vics mask.

The next Tiki is well known! You all know the original. I carved the Tiki for an Tattoo shop in Nürnberg.
I finished it last week.

This is my finished Ku. I started to carve this Tiki a long time ago. I think it was in the beginning
of this year. In August I hand it over to his owner and he gave him a clean grinding and some wax.
I´ll try to get som pics of the current status.

The Tiki is out of cherry wood and about 25 iches high.

This is my first Tiki, which is standing in France in a pine forest near the atlantic ocean.
I used oak wood and a high-grade steel pole to fix it.

The pole is under the old strings, which I found at the beach.

Thats the Mai-Tai I enjoyed after wook! Cheers

The Beach...

and my first try to carve in sand. The Moai is waching over the sea. Perhaps into the direction
of the Maikai

Captain Crab is planing to build a float.

Ahoi!

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 08:00 am   Permalink

Unbelievable stuff Kai, the Sand tiki is Outstanding! How long will/did it last? The Ku is another Awesome tiki, darn, All your stuff is incredible!.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 08:17 am   Permalink

WOW o WOW o WOW The Ku is killer work my friend what kind of wood is that ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 08:38 am   Permalink

More beautiful work Kai!

Love the Ku! Spectacular detail work! Wood, sand polystyrene paper... you're unstoppable!

The masks are all very cool too.

Thanks for the photos!

We also had our first snowfall of 2 inches today and lately it has been too cold to work outdoors.
I have a 8 foot log I have to carve in the cold garage.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 11:19 am   Permalink

He He - Kai's got crabs! (someone had to say it)

Excellent stuff as always! I really like the way you made the base on the Ku.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 12:01 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff, Kai. REALLY like that Ku, looks fantastic. Good to see you back in action!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 10:50 pm   Permalink

Nice Nice Nice!

Not a bad looking beach over there!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-24 11:36 pm   Permalink

AMAZING!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:32 am   Permalink

Aloha,

Benzart, thanks! I carved the sand tiki in the beginning of August
and my parents spend there holidays at the same place one month later.
They returned in the middle of October and told me that the tiki survive a long time,
till a storm was comming and washed the sand away.
His good mana is still standing there and look over to you.

benella, hope all is fine in Paris. The KU is out of cherry wood.
I would be great to arrange a little meeting together with all the other european tiki people.
Perhaps next year!

Lake Surfer, I am not unstoppable! I have never try to work with tougher materials like stone or bone.
I have a big respect on what Benzart, Paipo or Tamapoutini are doing. Sand
and polystyrene paper are toys for kids.
If you would work in my frosty garage, you could have a mouthful of hot cuban rum.

AlohaStation, look out! The crab can bite. Next week, I will bring him with me.
I can already hear the sound of the wood truss of the Mai-Kai.

Howland, thanks for your nice words.

seeksurf, yes the beach is really beautiful. Sadly, I made this picture on a cloudy day,
but the beach is perfect to beachcomb and to feel like a pirate. Only the ocean, the beach, dunes and a pine forest. No hotels!

Howland and tikithomas08, thanks for your nice words.

Next Saturday I will be busy again in the Netherlands. A new giant will be born! So I hope I can post on Monday some new pictures.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-27 09:06 am   Permalink

So, here are some pictures from my new diorama for Harold Golen´s "Kaiju Monster Invation" art show next week.

SHOW LOCATION: ART CENTER OF SOUTH FLORIDA
800 LINCOLN ROAD MIAMI BEACH, FL
33139 305-989-3359
Admission is free!

OPENING NIGHT : Wednesday December 3rd, 2008 8:00pm-10:00pm
ARTISTS SIGNING: Friday December 5th, 2008 8:00pm-10:00pm
KAIJU THEMED COMPUTER MUSIC CONCERT: Saturday December 6th, 2008 8:00pm-10:00pm,

For more info look at:
myspace.com

The diorama call´s

PLAN X FROM 666

Golly Gosh!
After a long time Dr. Katashi rerelease Japan´s secret weapon.
The dreaded vermicular Eyeball-Eruca! TERROR! SABOTAGE!

What´s up?

Rongo Rango II is entering and changed the creature into a Tiki Devil with his laser ray eyes.
The big battle about the monsters has begun. It´s a matter of life and death.

Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-11-27 10:31 am   Permalink

You are multi talented.. How do you find the time?
I always enjoy your photos. Its exciting to see things being made so beautifully in European countries. It is inspiration to me here in the UK as we must have similar wood and products available. And its good too see what can be achieved.
Can you tell me how you got the finish that is so dark and aged on the familiar one that you gave to the Tattoo studio?
Cheers
Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 01:14 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Thanks, Trader Tark! First I colored the tiki with a dark wood stain and then I polished it with wax.
At last I brushed the wood and thats all.

I have some new pictures for you from a live carving show at the Netherlands, two weeks ago.
The tiki is out of spruce wood and about 6.5 feet high.

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 07:56 am   Permalink

Wow! Last HUGE Tiki is so cool!

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation