FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 12:12 pm   Permalink

Nice tiki head, now we just need the movie to come out with it. The funny thing is, I was just thinking about that movie today and how it needs to be made. I was wondering if you there going to say that you made a life-size, full body one but this is a more portable one, so it just as good. Now when that film, does come out, you can be wearing it around your neck while you watch. Its sort of like all those toys that come out with all the new releases.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 3:49 pm   Permalink

Looks cool.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 4:21 pm   Permalink

I love these tikis....you give them an artistic expression thats all your own! Many tiki carvings are just repeats of things already done, while yours on the other hand have the heritage in them, but give it a whole new fresh twist!
Great job! Some of my favorites ever.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:26 am   Permalink

Hey, hodadhank! Here you can see my colleague´s (ramba-zamba) Volkswagen with the Tiki I carved for him.
It´s not the newest VW, but it have his own Tiki on the rearview mirror!!!

Here I create a new Tiki for a pandant. It´s a little bit smaller than Mogambos Figure.
Now I will test some colors on an other piece of wood.
Have anyone a Tipp for coloring the Tiki?

Thank you all for you nice complements.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 07:26, haikai wrote:
Hey, hodadhank! Here you can see my colleague´s (ramba-zamba) Volkswagen with the Tiki I carved for him.
It´s not the newest VW, but it have his own Tiki on the rearview mirror!!!

Excellent! The little fellow looks cold. He should come live with me at the beach!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-15 04:51 am   Permalink

Hey hodadhank, are you living in the paradise? Very nice !!!
But the summer in bavaria will come soon!

Yesterday I carved my first keyring pendant.
First I used my dad´s lathe to get the basic form out of an old broomstick and
than I tried to create the figures face.
But my tools are to big for this little tikis and so I can´t worked accurately.
The scalpel, I using for the balsa is not to strong enough for this wood.
For the finish I used beeswax with a little bit oak color.

Now I will looking for some new little carving knives and try it again.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 02:41 am   Permalink

So, here are my last two little figures I carved. Now I will start to try some colorings for the Tikis.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 09:57 am   Permalink

Nice tikis. Watch out the smaller the tiki - the bigger his bite.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 02:53 am   Permalink

Thanks AlohaStation!

Here, I have some new work step pictures from my latest balsa carving
and the color experiments.

First I painted the figure with mahogany glaze.
When it was dried I flamed the wood and finish-worked it with clear coat.

For Jochen´s Tiki I used beeswax with a little bit oak color
and also finished it with clear coat. When it will have his necklace,
I think the Tiki will visit his Master in Munich.

Here you can see my first finished pendants.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:34 am   Permalink

When they get finished thet look Very good indeed. You are really pumping them out. Keep it up and keep up the pictures.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:42 am   Permalink

Great! It's hard to believe they're smaller than a silver dollar!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 8:49 pm   Permalink

Great work! Very original! I love that last pendant with the round eyes and round mouth!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 05:42 am   Permalink

Thanks Benzart, you are right. This time I´m enjoying to be busy, because it´s so easy to work with balsa wood. I want to create a little pendant serial composed of different figures and colors.
If I´m finished with the work, I will post some more pictures.

Thanks, hodadhank!

Thanks you, tikitony! I realy like your pendants, too. With the little "round eyes" figure I had some problems. The flamed wood and the clear coat don´t agree together. So the figure don´t dry and it´s a little bit sticky. Now I will grind it and try a new coloring. I hope I can save the little fellow.

haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 03:06 am   Permalink

Aloha,

I have some new pictures for you. In the following photos you can see work steps of my new shrunken head.
It was carved out of a glued piece of balsa wood. For the model I used my first framed shrunken head.
(you can see it on page 2)

When I finished the carving, I started to drill the little holes into the lips and colored the heat with oak color beeswax.
After drying, I flamed the wood and colored it again with the beeswax.

When I fixed the blue laces, I arranged the frame with small bamboo bars and the hanging.
And here is the finished shrunken head in his frame!

And here I finally finished the Aku Aku bowl with his painting.

For this end I used emulsion paint and started to ground it with brown.

After drying the bowl, I dabed with a little bit black above the brown color and following I designed the orange and light brown pattern.

Finally I arranged the white outlines about the pattern and finish-worked it with clear coat.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 04:47 am   Permalink

impressive work haikai...the shrunken head and aku aku bowl are very cool...i really like
what you did putting the head in the frame....your entire thread is filled with great stuff.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation