FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 08:48 am   Permalink

Another giant masterpiece. The guys with the hot rods must have loved all the dust!!

It was great getting to hang out with you guys at the Mai Kai. We seem to have a lot in common, other than carving tikis. Keep up the great work and I hope to see you to see you again soon.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 5:11 pm   Permalink

Tucson Tiki, thanks for the compliment!

AlohaStation, thanks for your entry. Hope you are felling fine. Do you got my email last week?
Yes you are right the hot rod guys were all wondering about the dust on there cars. First I had a bad conscience .
But they all enjoyed my work on the tiki so much, that it wasn´t a problem. It was a funny time to stay there with these guys and their incredible cars.
Now the Trashers CC has a new mascot.

It is only a relly easy tiki. I used only simple and clear forms, because I had not really much time for the carving.
But I think such a big tiki doesn´t need much deails. Anyway, two dasy ago I started with your wallnut piece.
I works very well and makes a lot of fun. It will need much more time to finish it, but I will definitely post pictures.

Thanks so much for all your time, gifts, and your great hospitality. Please say it also to Will.
We had a great time in Miami and I hope we will come back soon.
Or you will visit us in Germany, feel free and come over. Some hard pieces of oak wood are waiting for you.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 8:34 pm   Permalink

Great work Kai. I love your dioramas! Emailed you back but I am not sure if you got it.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 01:43 am   Permalink

Kai, you always seem to have the big logs ready to go!

Another impressive piece, and yes, less is more on these big guys.

They have a huge presence.

We are into such a bitter winter that it has driven me to the warmest and smallest corner of my studio.

Maybe by spring I'll be able to drag out the saw and get to some big logs! You've really got me craving to carve up a big tiki.

Keep up the inspiring work!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 3:39 pm   Permalink

Kai!
havent checked in for a while-your stuff is looking SWeeet~!
the sand Moai is just awsome- and that Ku on the last page is Really cool~!!
Looks Great!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 06:44 am   Permalink

Hey guys,
thanks for your nice entries. I already start with a new carving, but I just have no pics of it, yet.
It will be a little tiki figure out of walnut wood, which is a gift from AlohaStation.
He gave me the piece of wood, when we met us at the Mai-Kai two weeks ago.
Tom, thanks again for that!

Tiki Diablo, I send you a personal message at TC and the same message to Myspace. I hope you will get it.
Your email address don´t work and returns always back. Don´t know what´s the problem???
Please give me a short feedback, if you got the mail.

Lake Surfer, thanks so much! Yes you are right! It really sucks to carve when it is cold outside and the tool
are freezing on you fingers. But it is the season, when I would have the most time to carve. Stupid!
Thats why I am carving a small one at my warm flat at the moment.
Next time, when I will visit the US and meet you again, I will bring you a bottle of hot cuban rum for your studio.
Looking forward to see the first pictures of your next big log project. We could start an competition at TC:
"Who will carve the biggest Tiki"
This morning I talked with a friend and he told me that he got a log with 4 feet diameter. Black cottonwood!

Tiki Duddy, thanks so much! To carve the sand tiki was very funny. It worked very well and it was easy to carve it clean.
The sand was very hard and so, the tiki stand there for 2 or 3 month.

I wish you all a great time and a wonderful Merry Christmas, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 9:46 pm   Permalink

Love the simplicity of the large guy.

Just right!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 08:34 am   Permalink

Hi Haikai

great pics of your last Tiki's
The big one is great - it is your Tiki Style
i love the simply lines for your Big Tikis

after some months without Tiki Carviing i will try to post some new pics on my topic
take a look on it

see you hopefully soon

einen guten Rutsch

Akuae

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 06:56 am   Permalink

Kai,

You are just plain amazing sir! Every time I visit this thread I get chills. Please keep posting; we all wait on the edge of our seats for the next works from you.

STUNNING!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 10:17 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki friends,

this is the poster of my next tiki artshow in my hometown Regensburg/Germany.
The "Grand Opening show" with exotic music and drinks will start at Saturday - 7.00 pm - 3th October 2009.

Kopfkunst
Corner shop
Schwandorfer Straße 24
Lappersdorfer Straße at Regensburg

The show includes many different artworks of the last 5 years, from the first tiki to the last. I will also report about
the unforgettable impressions uring my tiki time and show two new tiki dioramas.

Perhaps one of you gals and guys will be in Germany during this time. So I would be happy to meet you at the opening show.

Tiki Tack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:04 am   Permalink

Wow... I was just going through your posts and.....wow. You are my mentor and Tiki God. Thank you for sharing!

View Profile of Tiki Tack Send a personal message to Tiki Tack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 6:33 pm   Permalink

I 2nd that.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Finn

Posted: 2009-09-04 04:32 am   Permalink

Really impressive stuff! Sehr gut! ;-D

View Profile of Tiki-Finn Send a personal message to Tiki-Finn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 06:30 am   Permalink

Hi Kai I really wish I could make it but you are Just a couple miles too far for this time. Great seeing you here again, Any new tikis you want to share?
Cheers

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 1:34 pm   Permalink

Kai,

Gruss Gott! It looks like you have been keeping busy and continuing to improve your skills. I hope all is well for you. I will be over sometime in October but probably stuck in Tubingen and Tuttlingen again. Have you tried JapGo in Tubingen yet? They have an incredible rum selection and one of the bartenders bought an old Trader Vic's drink book on e-bay so their cocktails are getting better.

Chuss!

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation