FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 11:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 13:18, 4WDtiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-03 05:25, AKUAE wrote:

GREAT job on this one!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 6:17 pm   Permalink

I hope you're bringing that chainsaw to Aotearoa...just don't put it in your carry-on!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 11:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-08 18:17, Paipo wrote:
I hope you're bringing that chainsaw to Aotearoa...just don't put it in your carry-on!

Tiki looks way cool my friend!
Paipo, you should have seen the look on the x-ray guys at the airports when i was traveling abroad. Ha , it was too funny. I had a small resin tiki figure with me to explain what I carved with my tools.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 9:24 pm   Permalink

Classic! Love the style, size and the balls to move this guy around.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-10 01:14 am   Permalink

AKUAE, thanks for posting that picture. It was a pleasure to met you french guys from the "Tiki Tribe" there.
You guys are really make a good job and it always looks like you have a lots of fun. Let the chips fly and
hold on spreading the word of tiki in Europe.

Paipo, hahah! Sandly, it will be not possible for me to take the chainsaw with me. I can take only 23 kg with me.
It´s really not easy to packa bag for 1 year with only 23 kg. But definitive I will bring my chiseles with me.
I looking forward on our upcoming carving session and to have some surf lessons with you. The countdown has just began.
That´s the last 8 days in Germany.

Tiki Diablo, thanks for the compliment. I hope all is fine. I often remembering me on the great Hukilau party, where we met us in 2008.

seeksurf, thanks so much. Yes you are right, that log was really heavy and we need 8 guys to pull it up.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-10 12:21 pm   Permalink

I must have missed something?? A year in NZ? What's up?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderbob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-17 1:24 pm   Permalink

Kai,

if you ever spend some time in Hokitika, the touristy "pounamu capital" of the south island, visit Steve at "Bonz'n'Stonz", he's a very nice guy who has the only workshop I know of, where you can carve pounamu with all the equipment provided. You propably have better options to carve over there, but if you're in the area, say hi to him. When I was there, he was very interested in non-maori tiki things for a change. If you talk/show him some of your work, I'm fairly sure you'll have a good time together !

View Profile of Traderbob Send a personal message to Traderbob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 6:10 pm   Permalink

Well, he will have access to a fully equipped stone workshop at some point when he gets down to my part of the country, but I can also recommend anyone visiting Hokitika to check Steve's studio out - he's a super nice guy and probably the only carver in NZ doing Solomon Islands style pieces (cause that's where he's from).

Kai is indeed now in NZ and has already clocked up some travel miles and tiki touring, but has had very intermittent internet access. I did get an update via email a little while back which I can now share - this was from his first stop in Auckland:

NZ Kauri...pretty cool eh?

Maybe he can change the thread title to "New Tikis from New Zealand"!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 8:08 pm   Permalink

SWEEET!! Great ears!

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-24 8:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-24 18:10, Paipo wrote:

Maybe he can change the thread title to "New Tikis from New Zealand"

Way cool!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-24 8:53 pm   Permalink

GROG like!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 7:30 pm   Permalink

GREAT STUFF!!!!!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-28 08:43 am   Permalink

Badass!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-30 10:07 pm   Permalink

Great to see he's getting to know a few locals - wood like that doesnt grow on trees..

Im also hoping to catch up with Kai while he's here. Paipo and I are an hours drive apart these days but what better excuse for a get together? Kai will have to endure an intense stone-talk session.

Im glad you got to meet Steve G in Hokitika Traderbob, he's perhaps the nicest carver you will meet and serves as a great ambassador for his adopted home. Im not far from 'Hoki' so will be sure to show Kai around or at least point him in some worthwhile directions.

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 02:10 am   Permalink

Stunning !

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation