FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » New Tikis from Germany!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
New Tikis from Germany!
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 05:27 am   Permalink

Thank you, congatiki. Nice compliments!

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 08:00 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-02-11 09:00, hodadhank wrote:
Quote:

Excellent! The little fellow looks cold. He should come live with me at the beach!

Quote:

On 2006-02-15 04:51, haikai wrote:
Hey hodadhank, are you living in the paradise? Very nice !!!

Nope, Hodahank lives in a slightly different paradise. He's in Mission Beach and that's Pacific Beach, home of the
Catamaran Hotel & Resort, Da Kine's Plate Lunch and the Chrystal Pier Hotel & Cottages.

Of course Mission Beach has it's own claims to fame, including:

The Giant Dipper Roller Coaster

And the Bahia Hotel & Resort, home of the Bahia Belle sternwheeler.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 08:50 am   Permalink

Really Nice new stuff Haikai. I can really see some improvement. The shrunken head id killer and the moais are super.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 10:00 am   Permalink

Hey freddiefreelance, thank you for the nice photos! I think it´s also a perfect place to lie on the beach and carve outside the door, when the sun is shining. I would prefer beeing on one of those locations.
This time it´s still cold in Bavaria and when you carve, the knife will freezing on your fingers.
It´s between 0 C and -16 C cold and everywhere is snow, snow, snow!
I love the wintertime, but not so long.

The pictures of the Catamaran Hotel looks very interesting, with all his figures and plants.
I hope that I´ll can visit it anytime.

Aloha Benzart, thank you, tank you! I think it´s a honor for me, to hear those words from you.
Sometimes, it´s funny to create which other materials than wood, but I will remain true to it.
The Aku Aku bowl was the result, when I was tinker with my girlfriend´s little son.
He created his own 007 James Bond doorplate and I made pottery the bowl.

Mahalo, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 04:46 am   Permalink

It’s happening! Our Homepage is finished and we like to introduce you to www.forbidden-paradise.com!

This site is meant to be a platform for artists and those who are interested in culture and lifestyle.
The main topics are Tiki and Oceanian culture as well as Polynesian Pop Art.

We offer you to purchase handcrafted Tiki stuff from our shop area.
We offer: Graven Tikis, illustrations, pictures and various decoration stuff.
All figures are unique and we strictly refuse massproduction, because this way our products
distinguish themselves from the usual plastic products.
We also want Tiki culture to become more accessable to the European public.

So now have fun on the tracks of Forbidden Paradise!

haikai

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 03:32 am   Permalink

Nice site Haikai!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 04:20 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Here, I have a few new pictures for you. In the first photo you can see Mogambos finished Tiki pandant.
Now the little fellow has a new owner and I hope he will post a photo along with him.
I hope, that I can eventually show you my pendant serial in the next days.

Last week, I carved my second keyring pendant. It was also an old broomstick, befor it become a Tiki.
The wood has been embedded with teak glaze and then sealed up with oak coloured beeswax.
Next month, I´ll also want to start a little keyring pandant serial.
I´ll keep it posted!

These next two pictures shows you my second tiki candle. I carved it yesterday and
it´s so great to carve in wax.
Today, when I took the pictures, I got an idea. It would be funny to use the candle form, for a Tiki ice.
It would be perfect! A place in the sun at the beach bar and you can enjoy your own Aku Aku ice.
Certainly with Mai Tai flavour!

Mahalo, haikai

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 11:14 am   Permalink

Yup, u got that Moai carving licked! Sweet idea!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 08:21 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki friends,

I have some new pictures for you! Here you can see my work of the last two weeks.
I carved 4 giant Tikis out of spruce and oak wood.
They are all between 78.74 inch and 98,43 inch high.

From 03.June to the 03.September in Landshut you can gaze a little exotic paradise.
At the Mühleninsel you will find a Beachbar, the LA ISLAND, with 150t of sand,
real palms and the four Tikis.
Maybe somebody stay in this time in Germany,
so travel to Landshut and have exotic nights in the middle of a nice city.

This is the first spruce Tiki. The log was cut down 2 years ago and very easy to handle!

For the second spruce Tiki I used an easter island model.

These next 2 figures was my first try with oak wood. First I was shocked,
about the hardness and weight, but after trying out some different tools it became better.
I think it´s perfekt for carving ornaments!

For the finsh I used rape oil to protect the wood. The last figure got diamond eyes and a cavity behind his nose.

Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 08:30 am   Permalink

Wunderlich!

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:24 am   Permalink

Real nice! Love to see tikis that huge! Chisels and Chainsaws... and that's alot of surface area to carve up!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Great tikis!
You are very talented with that chainsaw.
You make it look easy, I have yet to pick mine up, it scares me half to death!

I really like the moai-sickle picture, with you licking the candle. That's hilarious!

-BuxomVahine

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:16 am   Permalink

Wow, those are some fatties!
Good work using the different kinds of wood.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:19 am   Permalink

Einfach betäuben! halten Sie es oben!

Hope that makes since--I was just fooling around with an online English to German translator. Anyway-Simply stunning! Keep it up!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 2:01 pm   Permalink

Holy Smoke! Dem's some biggins for sure! WOW! Man what super work you did on those. The big open mouth looks so smooth. That's some serious eye candy for us saw-heads. Thanks for posting.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation