FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Lake Tiki in the newspaper...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Lake Tiki in the newspaper...
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 10:50 am   Permalink

This week my mug hit the Milwaukee and suburban areas in the Shepherd Express...

A half page interview on page 32 of the Arts and Entertainment section and a color pic of me with two of my favorites

Locals, get one while you can... they're off the racks by next Thursday when the next issue comes out...

I'll be at The Rendezvous December 2nd... bring your copy and I'll sign it!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-11-19 10:55 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:00 am   Permalink

DUDE! Excellent.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:02 am   Permalink

Aloha Lake!
Congrats my friend and may the tropical wind keep you warm this winter. Keep slaying wood, Aloha mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:56 am   Permalink

Great Guy to have representing the culture. Congrats and Hope it brings you business.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-11-19 12:14 pm   Permalink

well deserved praise, Lake! Nice Job, next one is gonna be on the front page!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 12:28 pm   Permalink

Chakka brahs all around...congragulations, braddah.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 12:41 pm   Permalink

Congrats Dave. You've come a long way. I remember back when you were first getting started and...

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 12:59 pm   Permalink

Congrats, LTiki! Good to see a comrade on the "front lines".

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 3:44 pm   Permalink

You go boy! Well deserved my man. Certainly feels good to be recognized for your hard earned work and your talent.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 4:20 pm   Permalink

Nice job and great exposure! I hope this leads to many more oppurtunities for you!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 8:23 pm   Permalink

Nice wrok dude. How did you get that? Did they approach you? How did they hear about your work?

Let us know if you get any feedback from the article.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-19 11:09 pm   Permalink

Big Mahalos Surfintiki, Moony, Palm City, Polynesiac, BK, Turbo, Sam, Hewey, Tiki G and Chonolio. Your support is well appreciated!

Tiki G... I still want the tv interview on the news... that rocked when you got that!

Hewey... the writer had purchased a tiki from me at Exotica in Chicago this summer... somehow the interview got approved by the paper and the rest is printed history.
I got a couple calls only, though in the last three days... reality sets in and I realize I'm a tiki artist in Wisconsin...

It's all good though... I do it for the enjoyment of creating!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 04:58 am   Permalink

I just picked up a copy last night. Congratulations! It's so cool that you're finally getting some local recognition, you deserve it.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-20 05:03 am   Permalink

that's funny how the dude on the left look like a spanish mug I have :

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-11-20 11:00 am   Permalink

Big ups on the publicity braddah. Any way for us out of state to read the article? If not, no worres.

Way to represent the aloha.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation