FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts "Calendar Girls" month of August Tiki Painting
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
"Calendar Girls" month of August Tiki Painting
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 12:49 pm   Permalink

I'm not offended, it a good painting. OH, Its kind of like seeing an African-American Santa Claus. Jesus wasn't the only person to be crucified. I see that paint that you use, still works the same on wood as in paper

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 12:51 pm   Permalink

Sven-

if it ruffles feathers then it does...i don't make it a secret that novelty art is my thing and i am sure as "Hell" not going to apologize for it...being a father of a 3 year old little girl DRIVES me to do images like this as sort of a negative ion voodoo protective forbidden shield zone thing if that makes any bizarro sense ...to me it's a preventative measure that adresses it's futile nature and expresses my frustration with being unable to control the mortality of the ones i love and hate... traditional catholic art dwelled on ideas imagery and concepts MUCH darker than this image...way heavier on the death thing going as far as postmortem discoloration of skin rolling eyes broken teeth and rotten appendages...human sacrifice has been my thing for a while now ... just look at the last dozen or so images i have done in the tiki theme and otherwise...humanity's animal root...life and not death...those that are living NOW - ESPECIALLY WOMEN and CHILDREN...i think many people take their lives for granted from day to day...i won't do it again...every second has potential that should be realized and so i try to take things lightly as i can and encourage others to live likewise...anyone whose spent time with me knows what i'm saying

today my little girl ripped her fingernail a bit too short and for an hour and a half she was inconsolable...she cried herself to sleep and she stopped napping a year ago! it's things like this that make me realize that it's healthy to let my painting take a back seat to spending time paying close attention to her while i can...everything ends and i can accept that...but it doesn't mean that i can't maximize the quality of my family's time as long as it lasts...i love my life!

anyone whose feathers are ruffled by this is spending too much time on the internet and is merely in search of drama in another's invested time so that they can avoid dealing with the real drama in their own life...i like this painting...

man i can't wait to see the fountain and bejeweled saint skeletons...i love the hidden and plainly visible architecture of the human life form and how it's been beautified by many cultures to signify the importance of each passing moment in life and beyond death...bring it on!

dead serious!
Miles

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 2:01 pm   Permalink

Reminds me of one of my favorite politically un-correct jokes.

Why did the girls love Jesus.... cause he was hung like this. ( Motion of putting your arms out like the outstretched arms.)

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 12:40 pm   Permalink

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 12:47 pm   Permalink

^^^This is great...thats how i met my wife...j/k

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 1:53 pm   Permalink

Dude-
I am cracking up, nice one. Your stuff looks tight on wood!
That peice would be great in our bathroom next to your "you can poo" peice...
I wish you luck on your upcoming Roq La Rue show, and the Shooting gallery gig.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 2:20 pm   Permalink

thanks Sirginn G... glad you like that piece...i actually have a pic of my wife in a hat just like that one from a new years eve party we were at YEARS ago...so if anyone is cracking up it's her...this is my month of birth...feb...and as irony would have it i was brought to this world on valentines day...you might think that's cool but guess what...it's NEVER all about me on my birthday...EVER!

i hope christine is feeling fine...not long now...but you're also not sleeping with your cell phone, YET!

this weekend is going to kick ass...i can't wait to be in San Fran!!! i'll send you some pix!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 2:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Miles, took an hour to find everything on the first piece, but only a few seconds on the second. I love them both. Keep'em coming.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 3:53 pm   Permalink

benzo
less is more!
truer words have nary been spoken

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 4:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Kooche!!!!
I'm not much of a cat guy but I'll give it a try Here Kitty,Kitty,Kitty.Nice Kitty.Really COOL art my friend . You really have Great flow, Keep sharing,Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 5:44 pm   Permalink

what cat?

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation