advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Mondo Cane song
Mondo Cane song
killyurdog2

Posted: 2005-11-23 6:33 pm   Permalink

I saw a movie about 20 years ago, I thought it was Mondo cane, but it ends up it isn't. The movie had a clip about the Mexican fesival of death, and sang about dancing with the bald headed woman of death. Does this ring a bell with anybody about the movie or the song?

View Profile of killyurdog2 Send a personal message to killyurdog2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-23 10:58 pm   Permalink

Yeah. I never saw it, but I have the soundtrack, by the Italian Ris Ortolani (who also made Cannibal Holocaust).

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 09:11 am   Permalink

Isn't every song on that soundtrack a different version of "More?" by Riz Ortolani? I wonder if the song you're thinking about is even on the soundtrack album...

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 09:18 am   Permalink

I meant to also say that thet clip you're thinking of actually sounds like it is a scene from Mondo Cane. (Then again I might be thinking of Mondo Cane 2 aka Mondo Pazzo.)

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 02:16 am   Permalink

A version of the Mondo Cane theme has been made by Martin Denny on his "the versatile Martin Denny" album.
An MP3 can be find on this great french blog :
http://tamtammelodie.blogspot.com/

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
killyurdog2

Posted: 2006-01-13 7:55 pm   Permalink

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I'm starting to believe it was a different movie and it makes me mad. In the movie, there's this balding? guy with bad teeth in a white shirt, the film was grainy on the print I saw. The lighting is bad, and it seems like the guy took a swig off a bottle as he sang. Or maybe it was a cigarette -- like I said it's been 20 years. The song is in Spanish, and the subtitles talked about dancing with the bald headed woman of death. It's a total long shot asking here, but I know for a fact it was a narrated "shockumentary", cuz I saw it back around or after my "Faces of Death" days. Heck, maybe it WAS faces of death, but I thought it as a different series cuz I never remember watching those with my wife. Maybe it was only 10 years ago, but it seems the movie had an old metro-color feel. And by the way, I book marked the TAM TAM & Mélodie blog. I dig free music. Thanks again guys

View Profile of killyurdog2 Send a personal message to killyurdog2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation