FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The new Munktiki mug on Ebay...Munktiki records...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The new Munktiki mug on Ebay...Munktiki records...
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-19 3:43 pm   Permalink

I think Letargo is pretty darn cool! What does everyone else think? He seems to have an African-style edge to him...
What do you think #1 is going to go for?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=736962619&rd=1

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows the most Munktiki has ever gotten for one of his mugs on Ebay. I am logically assuming that #1 of each one of his mugs has gone for more than any other number in the limited edition series. I thought it was quite an accomplishment that he got over 60 bucks for #1 of his newest Ebay shot glass...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiManiac on 2002-12-08 11:45 ]

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-19 4:15 pm   Permalink

I am pretty sure when they did the one of a kind skull tumbler they got a pretty high amount. Those low numbers are always high, you're right. Does #1 matter that much. I am an under-achiever, so I say no. They are all high quality pieces. I am a big Munktiki fan.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-19 16:17 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-19 7:14 pm   Permalink

It never fails, just when my collection of Munktiki ebay mugs is complete, they come out with a new one.

I'm guessing #1 will bring in over $200. And they deserve every penny of it. I usually get a fairly low number, just cause I'm inpatient. After the first 3-4 the price is usually more in my neighborhood.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 1:44 pm   Permalink

I've started watching the prices recently, the highest I saw was an $86 Poison Mug (#13)

[ This Message was edited by: jtiki on 2002-11-20 13:44 ]

View Profile of jtiki Send a personal message to jtiki  Email jtiki Goto the website of jtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 2:06 pm   Permalink

Well with over 3 days to go "Letargo" is at $81. I'm still sticking with my $200+ final price. Just wait...you'll see.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 2:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-19 16:15, Turbogod wrote:
Does #1 matter that much. I am an under-achiever, so I say no.

I wonder the same thing. I'm just glad to get one of them...no matter what number it is.

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 2:46 pm   Permalink

Sulltiki,
I feel the same way. I usually get impatient and go for one sooner than I should, but as far numbers go, they don't matter to me. On the lucky side I did get a Chongo, after they sold out, by a seller for less than what they paid when it was originaly up on Ebay. There are a few I'd like, but I can "try" to wait. Plus I just spent my money on that new Squid set, which should arriving any day now. Weeeee new mugs.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 2:55 pm   Permalink

Of the Munktiki line, my favorite is Chongo. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to pick one up!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 2:56 pm   Permalink

Now I feel as if Im missing out on some Tiki goodness...What new Squid set are you referring to?

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 3:51 pm   Permalink

SullTiki, this set:
http://www.squidart.com/freekysetspecial.html

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 4:02 pm   Permalink

The Chongo! I got to get me one of those. I have not even heard of that mug. Where can I see a pic? I looked around on Munktiki.com but didn't see it.
Cheers.
Chongolio

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2002-11-20 21:19 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 5:04 pm   Permalink

Ahhh Mr. Chongo! Chongo is on the Ebay page

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-20 17:05 ]

TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 5:10 pm   Permalink

I was never saying that #1 of any of the Munktiki mugs is better, but my point was that it is probably going to go for more than any number in the rest of the series because some people are willing to pay a ton for the novelty of owning the very first one...
I guess nobody knows what the most Munktiki has ever gotten for an Ebay mug...

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 6:43 pm   Permalink

I think that's what we're all saying. Maybe Stuckie will see this and let us know which was the most. I'm still saying it was that blue skull tumbler they only made one of a couple of months ago. That or those tile plaques they made. I don't think they sold more than two or three of them. As far as the new mug, if we're playing "the price is right", I'll say $135.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-20 18:48 ]

SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-20 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-20 15:51, PolynesianPop wrote:
SullTiki, this set:
http://www.squidart.com/freekysetspecial.html

Thanks! Don't know how I missed those.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation