[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Lobster trap lamp wanted
Lobster trap lamp wanted
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 11:08 am   Permalink

I am looking for a lobster trap lamp, got any ideas??, please help!. TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 11:41 am   Permalink

Living in Maine, I probably have better access to lobster traps than anyone.
what are you willing to spend? I could probably buy and ship you a trap if you can wire it yourself. Or I can look around for ones already turned into lamps.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 4:50 pm   Permalink

Are you looking for a lobster trap light or a fishtrap light (ala the big bamboo conical ones like you see in Trader Vic's Atlanta and Emeryville, Mai Kai, and hence-Haole Tiki:) )?. I do make those up to six feet in length; they look just like the originals. Split bamboo with a centerpole and bound with natural raffia cord.. I'm about to have the materials to make around six of them..Here's one of mine in ceiling situ, far left of the picture.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 5:02 pm   Permalink

Here's a link to another type I make, twowheelin...just PM me if you need one.. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3652&forum=1&hilite=fishtrap

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 07:35 am   Permalink

Yet one more photo of one of mine I forgot I had taken..This is a five-footer

TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 11:09 am   Permalink

Awesome! How'd you make it? Same as the other ones you've posted in a different thread? The wood on these look more like strips. I'd be interested in trying to make something like that.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation