Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Horror That Is Margaritaville
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Horror That Is Margaritaville
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-28 11:08, Satan's Sin wrote:
whenever I see a man wearing a hat in a restaurant I think "well, why not go to the bathroom at the table as well? If taking your hat off in a restaurant is somehow high-falutin' then should we not also abandon the fancified custom of seeking privacy when we relieve ourselves? I mean, monkeys and dogs at the circus wear funny hats and they certainly aren't shy about calls of nature. Why not go whole-hog, o sullen hat-wearer, thou?"

I want to buy the T-Shirt that says this at the Satan's Sin Gift Shop!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 11:18 am   Permalink

Lucas and Zebra, thank you for your kind words.

I am always trying to figure out how to get rich, and I will give The Gift Shoppe of Satan's Sin some serious thought.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 12:26 pm   Permalink

I can't believe people took their kid to Hooter's for a birthday party? Does Centerfolds have a tot's birthday room? Larry Flynt's Hustler Room? if so, we'll have baby pineapple's 1st birthday there! I can see it now, he'll be in a frenzy the whole time, boobs everywhere... I've never been to margaritaville, hard rock, but I will say, both sides of the extended pineapple family thinks Olive Garden is fancy. We're snobs too!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-30 16:18, lucas vigor wrote:

Heck, I won't even drink a maragarita, and I don't care if they are pretty good or not. Tequila is NOT TIKI!!!!!!

Wow, are you Tiki only?

I admire your Tiki asceticism!

Here in Vegas, I'd starve or go thirsty if I didn't partake of non-Tiki fare.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 3:26 pm   Permalink

If it is even remotely related to Buffet in any way, shape or form...I can't do it!

Honestly, I have tried, but Buffet has ruined my life. The man is such a terrible, terrible musician.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 3:45 pm   Permalink

Dude, I'm faced with it every day...all over town he's got his name on every cafeteria style dining experience there is.

Chinese Buffet

All You Can Eat Buffet

Seafood Buffet

Buffet-style dining

It's murder.

Seriously, though, if you shun tequila because he mentions it, I hope for your sake he never sings a song about blow jobs!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 10:00 am   Permalink

Sweet Jeezus, Satan's Sin, I practically laughed-up a lung reading your initial post!

All those atrocities and more are present at the Margaritaville Cantina in Las Vegas including visibly uncomfortable, singing waiters who herald the arrival of a half-naked young girl, who suddenly slides from the rafters down the side of a smoldering volcano into a Giant Blender!

After splashing about for a few moments, she's dragged from the fluorescent liquid only to be suspended drenched and wriggling over the dining room on a giant gleaming fishhook.

This display coaxes the roaring approval of the restaurant's predominantly male customers despite being repeated almost every fifteen minutes.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-27 08:43, Chip and Andy wrote:
Why don't we get together and build a 'Mai-Tai'ville, or Zombie-a-rama, or some other silly version of a good drink name.....

Something like that sorta already exists.
http://www.kahunaville.com/index2.htm

I've never been there, but the pictures on the website makes it look like a Rainforest Cafe, but with tikis in it rather than jungle animals.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 10:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 13:50, joefla70 wrote:

...never been there, but the pictures on the website makes it look like a Rainforest Cafe, but with tikis in it rather than jungle animals.

I don't know where those Tikis are but they certainly weren't at the Kahunaville in Las Vegas when I went. I was jonesing for tiki and apparently missed the one hour per year when Taboo Cove is actually open so ended up at this awful meat market out of blind desperation. Lousy premade slushy drinks in giant dispensers were the "specialty" served in a throbbing Caribbean meets disco ambiance.

Avoid this place at all costs.

I'd have had a far better time pulling on the locked doors of Taboo Cove until my fingers bled.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation