FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Horror That Is Margaritaville
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
The Horror That Is Margaritaville
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-01 12:24 pm   Permalink

Grand Opening event March 30th with special performance by Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood, CA

You have been warned!!

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-01 1:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-03-01 12:24, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Grand Opening event March 30th with special performance by Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville at Universal CityWalk in Hollywood, CA

You have been warned!!

We should get a Tiki Central group together for this joyous occasion....

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-03-05 5:04 pm   Permalink

Jimmy Buffett to Open Margaritaville Retirement Communities....
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/jimmy-buffett-to-open-margaritaville-retirement-communities-w470492

Could you even Imagine a Tiki Central Retirement Community!
OMG the infighting only the coolest would be able to go to dinner first, Damn it would be a fight a minuet.
There would be seminars about the best tiki diapers, how to make tiki drinks with prune juice, ect....

Everyone there would kill each other in a month just like they did on Easter Island!

I'm in!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-06 07:21 am   Permalink

That's so funny! "What do you mean the band in the rec room is playing 40's era swing? THAT'S NOT TIKI!"

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-09 4:24 pm   Permalink

Good gravy no!!!!!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-15 09:51 am   Permalink

Problems with Orlando Margaritaville

Neighbors blame Margaritaville Resort construction for rat infestation

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-15 12:28 pm   Permalink

There's a rat in the kitchen! What I'm a gonna do?

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-15 12:59 pm   Permalink

Heh. It has always amused me that even Buffett fans have problems with Jimmy. I have no problem admitting I like a lot of his music, and he seems like a decent fellow, but the commercial sprawl has gotten way out of hand.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-11-05 7:28 pm   Permalink

As a lifelong fan of the works of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, I found myself at the Woody Creek Tavern while we were in Aspen.

Now I get that HST would despise pretty much everything about me and that the only thing we had in common was an admiration of the brutal use of the English language (so well used at the start of this thread to describe a hideous dining experience).

But what the Woody Creek Tavern has become would sicken him even more than my existence on this orb. $12 hamburgers, kitschy HST memorabilia on the walls, bumper stickers and tee shirts. Tables crowding the floor, overflow seating outside. Children everywhere you looked and worst of all, a no smoking sign by the door.

Rubes. We were all rubes lined up to drop $70 for lunch on a Tuesday, just so we could say that we had a bite to eat at the place where Thompson would start off the day (at seven p.m.) with margaritas and cheeseburgers.

B

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation