FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Loki and Stump Grinder: 5-11-08 Koru style wall hanging
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Loki and Stump Grinder: 5-11-08 Koru style wall hanging
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-02 6:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for the nice comps on the bar...it was really fun to build.

A little update on the marq mask...since the burning thing seems to be taking off i thought i'd try my hand at it....he gets stained and finished this weekend.

thanks again for looking and more goodies soon.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 08:34 am   Permalink

Loki!

Great work on the bar! I love the originality of the pictures and it looks great sitting in your place. And the mask...it's just great. I really like the style you've got going with the Marqs.

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 12:05 pm   Permalink

Boy, that burning really makes him POP, Can't wait to se this one done. Whats pappa Bear up to?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 1:16 pm   Permalink

Papa Bear is carving pendants like crazy...i'll post pics soon. Plus he's making custome shelves for the bar area as i type this. He's a machine and a wiz with a table saw. I never knew things could be done with one until i saw him going at it. Benz, he sends his greatings...

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 1:19 pm   Permalink

loki man that looks insaine good. really like the burning on that one. very cool
good stuff

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 2:38 pm   Permalink

loki, did you hand draw all the pattern or transfer it over and over? if you did, what did you use?

the pattern on the moulding for the bar.

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2006-09-03 14:39 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 2:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Loki and Pappa Bear. I am Really Happy to hear PB carving thise Pendants. Maybe you guys should come up this Saturday and say hello. Sherry will be in Ohio and TikiGand Trish are coming down along with MaTiki to drop off a carving for Hukilau and generally shoot the poop and maybe who knowz.HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 3:45 pm   Permalink

The bar and the Marq both look great, I wish I had the space for some projects like that. Nice work Loki.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-03 5:52 pm   Permalink

pdrake...we made a template for the 'S' shape and hand drew the supporting lines. Tomorrow i'll try and get a picture of the templates we made and the process. The S Shape just continues but once you get the hang of the smaller lines its not to bad...the hardest part was centering the shapes so they would end up at the corners. It took time and lots of erasure.

Thanks Papio, we had to move a huge ugly piece to make it work, but it is much cleaner looking in the room now. i appreciate your comments, coming from a great talent like you and Benz it means more to me. Glad you approve.

We've got some more goodies coming in the next few days....stand by

Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 06:13 am   Permalink

pdrake...this is the template we made for the edging work around the bar. We cut the shape into a stenceling paper, traced the shape so it would line up for the corners and added the other lines by hand. Tedious, but the stencel helped big time.

The marq mask is finished. The owner wanted an old aged look, so i think i got close.

Papa Bear has been busy with pendants.

It's been a busy few weeks in our garage...will add pics of the shelves when they are insalled later tonight.

Again thanks for looking.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 08:01 am   Permalink

Your last tiki turned out Really great Loki, the finish is Supurb. Enough to drool over!
The Pappa Bear pendants are Awesome too. He should really Not carve more than 1 or 2 Thousand!! He really has the knack.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 08:32 am   Permalink

thanks loki. that mask looks great.

i think i might have a rubber stamp made. hmmmm, seems like most of the work is drawing the pattern on.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 09:55 am   Permalink

That mask came out great. So what's next on the work bench?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 12:56 pm   Permalink

Lots of nice stuff going on there. Great bar with a couple new nicely done tikis, not to mention the pendants. Keep going at that pace and you will fill up your house in no time.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 1:10 pm   Permalink

Loki & Stump,

Tell PapaBear the blow fish is FANTASTIC. It makes me giggle.

See you soon... Andy

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation