[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana viva las vegas 2006
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
viva las vegas 2006
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 10:40 am   Permalink

Aloha Inky!

I'd LOVE a Neon Graveyard tour! I peek through the fence at Cashman whenever I'm in town. There's something cool about the way it's all laying around at unusual angles. The same fascination that oddly binds Amarillo's Cadillac Ranch and Easter Island's Moai: Objects of popular worship from a bygone era, now mysterious relics, weather worn and sinking into the earth...

I know you already have something specific in the works, but I've often imagined an outdoor xeroscaped Neon Park with illuminated signs arranged randomly at odd angles on the ground, the entrance of which could be La Concha. I believe this would be an interesting museum/paid attraction that would open at sundown. Signs could be swapped out every several months to keep it fresh.

When I took my GF to see Elton (her childhood fave) they lowered tattered neon letters that spelled his name and blinked in succession to the rhythm of Benny & the Jets, the audience freaked!!! Obviously many people appreciate old neon. The stage was littered with a tangle of old neon signs and applause greeted each well timed illumination.

Good luck with your project. I'll be back in Vegas in August.

- HodadHank

Oh yeah, anything I can do to help get the Pioneer cowboy's arm and Glitter Gulch girl's leg moving again?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-28 3:38 pm   Permalink

zazz! I am glowing with anticipation!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2006-03-30 09:51 am   Permalink

Okay,

So it is set up...the TC-Viva LV Neon Boneyard tour is on!

We will meet at 1pm on Saturday the 15th at the Neon Boneyard. There is a limit to 20 folks, and so far I have about 8 on reserve based on the PM's I have recieved.

Send me a PM and I will give you the address for the meeting area. They will be having everyone sign a release that photos taken are only for personal use, they have had many problems because it is a completely different set of licenceing issues etc....

Keep in mind it is a not for profit and they are trying to pull together moneys for the preservation and restoration of La Concha. Any donations will be accepted and really appreciated!

Inky

[ This Message was edited by: inkylouise 2006-04-04 16:38 ]

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-03 6:12 pm   Permalink

p
Quote:

On 2006-03-30 09:51, inkylouise wrote:
Okay,

So it is set up...the TC-Viva LV Neon Boneyard tour is on!

We will meet at 1pm on Saturday the 15th at the Neon Boneyard. There is a limit to 20 folks, and so far I have about 8 on reserve based on the PM's I have recieved.

Keep in mind it is a not for profit and they are trying to pull together moneys for the preservation and restoration of La Concha. Any donations will be expected and really appreciated!

Inky

YAY!!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 6:54 pm   Permalink

Inky, do you have yer 20 folks yet?
I may be interested, but I would be a last minute person.
Is that cool, or very uncool?
If you are near 20, give all the spots away, and don't save
me one, but perhaps I could do a lil cel phone action Friday and find out if there is space, and possibly join ya. Appx. how far from the Gold Coast is this great place?
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2006-04-04 09:57 am   Permalink

There are still openings! It would be great if you could come, it really is a rare oppurtunity, and a cool place. Let me know how your schedule is coming along.

Look forward to seeing you again at Viva!

Inky

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-10 5:21 pm   Permalink

Pea, I would assume you could catch a ride with others coming from the Gold Coast. Basically, the boneyard is near Downtown (Fremont Street Experience)to give you an idea-it is not too far from there!

mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-11 06:53 am   Permalink

I'll be there...my band the Hi-Q's are playing the main stage on Thursday night at 10pm...hope some of you can make it!!

cheers,

Matty

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2006-04-12 09:49 am   Permalink

That sounds great Matty; we'll be there for sure!

aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-16 6:28 pm   Permalink

Are the mugs available yet to the Vegas-challenged?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation