[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kona Club
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kona Club
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 08:22 am   Permalink

(pics soon)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 08:47 am   Permalink

Ben, you're such a tease!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 2:06 pm   Permalink

I wana buy it to hang by my air guitar.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 9:14 pm   Permalink

Well well hello rev Bamboo ben, how ya' doin' and what brings you to these parts. Howz the Kona Club coming? Will Eli be proud ? I'll bet he already iz. Good to hear from you even if it is only the Promise of pix, thatz better that nuttin at all...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 09:29 am   Permalink

15,000 nails

2,600 12' bamboo poles (more still to come)

3,000 screws

80 lbs of spray glue

lots o mattings

31 tapa cloths

6,000 lin ft. of rope

3 weeks to this date ( only 2 days off)

missing Thanksgiving and Mrs Bamboo's B- day.

Building the Kona Club..............Priceless!

last day for us soooooo gotta git on the mothership and funk it up!!

pix soon

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 10:15 am   Permalink

saying in a house with three cats and being allergic to them..... all time!

three weeks of Smoking Ben Boo fumes..... All Time!!

three weeks of bamboo dust , spay glue, and lacquer arisals.... ALL Time

11+ days away from a marathon with burning lungs and only a ten foot ladder as training routine.....

ALL TIME!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 4:06 pm   Permalink

The Dynamic Duo at it again! Home stretch fellas!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 02:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-11-29 08:47, Tiki-bot wrote:
Ben, you're such a tease!

I'd tell you to FO but that damn turkey dinner was awesome!! ( mucho mahalos)

I'll post some werking pics when i git back home.

Final pics will be posted the day before they open.

Keep an eye out and a night off in the near future.

Will keep y'all posted.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 07:30 am   Permalink

Tell him to ring me up. I'm home today and tomorrow and can work out that deal fo sho!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 9:52 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Freaks!!

Just got back home an hour ago ( for a day) ( then off to another LA job aka Cha Cha, then back to the Kona Club for the final punch, Punchie!) , so here are a few of the working pics as promised. ( I might be a hard ass once in a while but I'm a dedicated hard ass!! Arrr!!)

Hallway to the head.

back wall of the Long Hut. ( of course the lighting will be different stupid!!)

Bobbie Daddy Wax ( aka Bobbie Beeswax, Bobbie Minwax, Bobbie Mustachewax, etc. to C'Al and I only) of Soul. He was a dj back in the early 70's in Detroit who had a 18" afro!! He never had a bumper sticker on any of his cars, ever! Until he met me. Super nice bro and a hell of a dancer. " You Got to Have SOUL!!!! SOUL!!!" # 5612 on the box.

Will know sometime in the near future when the Kona Club will be open to the masses. I'll post here and there as soon as I know. Keep an eye and an ear out. Save that sick day for that last minute tiki bar run!

10-4. over and OUT!

Tiki Tiki

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 10:07 pm   Permalink

Hey hey tiki tiki, I See youse guys down/up there plsyin around and callin it workin.. While you are playing, it looks like something is happening to the Kona Club, Got anything to do with dat?/Do ya' now. show us more pix cuz it shure looks like it might be becoming a Schweet place after all.

Thanks for the tid-bits guys. We Still Love Ya'

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 12:04 am   Permalink

Nuts...Just nuts. I wanna be in there doing something!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 04:37 am   Permalink

Ben definately has the touch. That place really has a personality and mojo kickin. Sweet attention to detail.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 08:40 am   Permalink

A couple more...

( will edit to one post later)

Here's a nice ad for Dewalt (there is one in the foreground and one in the background too. Like dualing banjos!)

(anyone out there in tikiland work for Dewalt?? I wonder if they would want to sponsor me???)

Looking from the front entry ( bar to be on the right)to the " short hut" in the back, past the "shrine" for the life-size brass hula girl lamp that hula's.

Our medicine cabinet........( real tiki food!)

Get down and get back up again!! Hit me! Doin' it to you in the ear hole!! Boyyyyyyyyyy!!

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 08:45 am   Permalink

WOW!!! Cant wait to see it all done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation