FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kona Club
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kona Club
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 09:01 am   Permalink

Loo-King GoooooD!!! Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al Rock!!!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-01 21:52, RevBambooBen wrote:

( I might be a hard ass once in a while but I'm a dedicated hard ass!! Arrr!!)

Once in a while??? When you look up "hard-ass" in the dictionary, it has this picture:

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 1:46 pm   Permalink

Sick.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-02 11:59 pm   Permalink

first off, I was hired on to this "Son of an Eli" gig as a second pair of hands... a do this here... and here, do that - guy. This is a Ben job all the way...

now.... the load in... many bummed local folk seeing the Ol' King's X hitting the highway........

is he putting up or tarring down all that fine hand finished oak molding and veneer???

maybe the brick should go.......

Wow! look at all that great natural light!

hey? does anyone have a tv in the living room that has no remote and no cable input either....... well neither do i anymore!.... every Sunday (yes we worked ever sunday, or at least i did) we had plenty of folks walking in... What? no football today?! sniff sniff sob...

hey... that massive screen would sure be great to watch some old B'movies on Friday nights....

now this room has potential!

maybe with a little BammBoo!

just a bit...

three weeks later... this pile is about 10 inches high...

hope to see many at the opening if a survive the Hawaii excursion.......

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 07:17 am   Permalink

Excelent pix C'Al, just enough to tease us some more and keep us stringed right along. So how does the "master Ben" treat all you low lifes? I Hope he feeds you more than bread and water.
Anyway, keep the pic's coming when you can, we appreciate them very much!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 08:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-02 23:59, crazy al wrote:
many bummed local folk seeing the Ol' King's X hitting the highway........

Yup! That's fo sure!!

Here are some pics of the bathroom. When we first got there we heard a few crashes hit the door and a few shout outs from passerbys.

Quote:

On 2005-12-03 07:17, Benzart wrote:
So how does the "master Ben" treat all you low lifes? I Hope he feeds you more than bread and water.

Let's just say he was pretty much on a Liquid Diet !!!

Training for the marathon.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 08:54 am   Permalink

I'm sure you guys will make it as great a place as could ever be hoped. If anything the reluctance to accept by the locals would make me want to make it even better. You guys rule. Can hardly wait to see the finished product.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 6:06 pm   Permalink

Seems to me that if the old crowd were more loyal to thair Kings thingy, it would Still be there in business and not have had to close down. But what do I know, the owner may have just decided to quit and sell the place and run. Heres hoping they find the Aloha spirit live and well at The Kona Club.
Excellent job guys, all except Ben who is porbably sitting around barking orders and not even getting dirty or working up a sweat, Right??Coff,coff
You Know I Love ya' Benno

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-03 18:06, Benzart wrote:
Seems to me that if the old crowd were more loyal to their Kings thingy, it would Still be there in business and not have had to close down. But what do I know, the owner may have just decided to quit and sell the place and run. Heres hoping they find the Aloha spirit live and well at The Kona Club.

I said the same ting to Mr. P today, they're pissed at the guy who bought their bar, NOT the guy who SOLD their bar, after taking their money for however many years... It's not like it was the only bar in Oakland to watch foot ball at, sheesh! Oh well... I can't wait!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 9:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-02 23:59, crazy al wrote:
now.... the load in... many bummed local folk seeing the Ol' King's X hitting the highway........

Article on this subject from the local paper:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/09/16/BAGSGEO6CC1.DTL

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-03 11:04 pm   Permalink

Fantasy Football.....? Well, then.

Sorry, I love the local dive as much as the next drunk, but it's not like TGIFriday's bought the Kings X and is turning it into a chain restaurant. The guy who bought it owns one of the best local bars in the East Bay, (the Mallard) I have no doubt that he knows what he's doing and the locals will be welcome.

If the sale goes through, the demise of the King's X would mark the end of yet another traditional bar, and it could wind up a Hawaiian-themed bar with tiki torches, bamboo, wooden masks and grass-covered bar stands, owner Nick Haney said.

Oh crap, man, there's such a dearth of TRADITIONAL bars in Oakland, and ummmm, 2 tiki bars. ok.

And Nick, why are you selling the bar? Are you cashing out and moving to Minneapolis? Taking your Fantasy Football residuals and running for cheap real estate? The Kona Club will rule, Oakland drunks and Raider fans will get over it, it will all work out!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 01:47 am   Permalink

aloha
peoples
Get ready for the SHIT to hit the fan!! seriously. The Kona Cklub will be like no other tiki bar. Ever!.

Not trying to play it up or what not but, it's giving me chills! Not cause it's cold tonight but because

everything is a positve vibration. It's truley what a tiki bar should be. Off to bed. Mas werk menyana!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-11 11:39 am   Permalink

Just got back last night from another 4 day run at the Kona Club. Itz shappin' up and should be ready for the 17th rumor has it. ( 96% sure) Will let yous knows asap when the light is green!

Another pic......

Tiki Tiki!

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 4:53 pm   Permalink

See this thread for opening info:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17650&forum=4&0

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 7:54 pm   Permalink

Br Ben, I think you are giving US All chills. Pictures to follow soon???

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation