FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace The Kahiki selling off Tiki, lights, And other Tropical, Hawaiian decor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Kahiki selling off Tiki, lights, And other Tropical, Hawaiian decor
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 1:41 pm   Permalink

The Kahiki outlet store is selling off the rest of their stuff. Mostly lights. That's right, They started selling on 11/15/05 I was there today and they still have about 30 lights. The lights left are mostly orchids of hawaii. They still have 5 of those really cool shell style lights. They do not ship, nor do they take checks. They are closed Sunday/monday. Tuesday/friday 10:00-5:30 Saturday 10:00-2:00 Ask for Cassandra for more info. ( she is really nice and will help you out)Good Luck!

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 04:58 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 2:21 pm   Permalink

I couldn't make it out there...too far to drive. I heard alot of cool stuff was picked up as well. most if not all the big tikis and such were donated to the zoo for displays...I hear that alot of the lamps are damaged and you have to pick through to find ones in decent shape....I'm suprised that something wasn't posted prior to the sale...alot of tiki folk knew about it, -it's not like it was a suprise....but i guess it was kept under wraps till some of the better stuff was snapped up. maybe folks were too busy rippin' on bdler3 for snappin up all the kahiki stuff that they failed to realize that there was plenty to go around had they left their computer and gone up there to get it, -they would have picked up some cool stuff....now most of it is gone. ...get ready for a wave of overpriced kahiki crap comin' to ebay any minute now....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 3:49 pm   Permalink

Your right david alot of the big stuff did go to the zoo. And thats cool because that keeps tiki alive in a public place, for a very long time. I did get lucky and was one of the first there. And I did call/email close friends and tiki heads first. I will say this the lights there now are not in that bad o shape. Plus they have a mint shell lamp, but its huge! If you are close its worth a trip. Plus barry dose not know yet. OOOPS! hi barry, did you hear about the sale. I dont think much will hit ebay. Alot went north to michigan. Hey david, how did you like that Die roten rosen xmas cd?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Roses are red, these floats are blue, Send me some money and they belong to you"..."TIKISKIP"

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 05:01 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-29 4:51 pm   Permalink

it was way cool - thanks!! i owe you some c.d.'s my friend......will try to get those out to you soon.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 06:13 am   Permalink

Say did they end up putting the two Moai out in front of the outlet? when I was out there for the HRHH the folks at the outlet told me that htey were destined for the front of the building, sans fire tho....

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 07:40 am   Permalink

No they have not. But they did put more stuff in the store area. Small tikis, lights. So I guess you did not make it out for the sale.
One of the Moai is in my backyard now.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
PeAs and PoRrIdGe HoT, PEaS aNd PoRriDgE CoLd, buy TIKISKIP lights because they look old!

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 05:03 ]

rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 08:28 am   Permalink

Nope, but some of my brothers in columbus did, so I will enjoy vicariously through them..
I also dont have the scratch to spend on it unfortunatly, not with the holidays, and an old car that needs a new starter...
LOL
sides I need to heckle people on the computer

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 10:43 am   Permalink

Luckily my friend Nancy made the trip down and picked up a fairly large and heavy shell lamp for me...Ocean Arts style I think. I really think it is unfortunate that the Tikis were donated to the Zoo as they will probably deteriorate a much faster rate exposed to the elements...just my 2 cents.

Matt

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 11:09 am   Permalink

I am just glad that they will be somplace where they can be enjoyed, as opposed to being locked away in a storage unit someplace...
Just think of all the kids that are going to see Tiki for the first time while at the zoo.. you never know where that first exsposure to tiki will lead...

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-30 11:56 am   Permalink

I may not have seen everything the zoo got, But the pile I did see did not have that many tikis. 3 maybe. They did get all of the huge net globe type ligths. You also need to remember that some of the stuff, Lets say walked away. Thats how some of that stuff gets to ebay. And you got to know his sons kept something. But I think the zoo will treat it all well. ie keep it inside. Plus I heard about nancy, she got more than I did. Is she thinking of selling any? If you know osu campus bars of the 80s, then you know of crazy mamas. the owner of crazy mams got a lot of stuff. All of the velvet paintings. with frames! They were by lavisse.

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 05:04 ]

bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-01 09:12 am   Permalink

The Outlet Store did sell some of their lamps on ebay a few months ago. Maybe it was too much trouble to do the same with the rest of the items.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 09:52 am   Permalink

Oooh, the La Visse velvets..see BOT 147...damn, why don't I live in Columbus!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 12:27 pm   Permalink

I have spoken to the purchasing manager at the Kahiki 2 days ago. Part of his resposibiliies are to sell off those items. The only thing left are lamps. Everything else went to the zoo. The giant Moais that were in front of the restaurant will be moved to the entrance of the Outlet Store. It was Mr. Tsao's wish to have the decor go to a charitable organization...I guess the zoo was close enough. The Columbus Fraternal Order of Moai were trying to get the decor into the Franklin Park conservatory. They have a South Pacific room with lush tropical plants, waterfalls and bamboo bridges. We thought the decor would fit right in there. But the conservatory wasn't interested. I also found out that the Kahiki people tried to do the same thing and got the same response from Franklin Park. I guess not everyone appreciates the tiki.

View Profile of Tiki Joe Send a personal message to Tiki Joe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 1:16 pm   Permalink

but everyone likes pie.

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-12-01 1:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-01 12:27, Tiki Joe wrote:
The Columbus Fraternal Order of Moai were trying to get the decor into the Franklin Park conservatory. They have a South Pacific room with lush tropical plants, waterfalls and bamboo bridges. We thought the decor would fit right in there. But the conservatory wasn't interested. I also found out that the Kahiki people tried to do the same thing and got the same response from Franklin Park. I guess not everyone appreciates the tiki.

Although it's too late for the conservatory to get the Kahiki goods they should still be reminded of their blunder. We need to occasionally contact the Franklin Park Conservatory and say stuff like "Hey, I really enjoyed your South Pacific Room but it needs a few Tikis." or "That South Pacific Room would have been better if it just had some Tikis" or "Gee I sure would visit your fine conservatory more often if that South Pacific room had Tikis" or even "WTF a South Pacific Room but no Tikis!!? What's up with that s#@t?".

Here's their contact info:

Mailing Address:
Franklin Park Conservatory
1777 East Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43203

Email:
kgowins@fpconservatory.org

Phone: 1-800-214-PARK
Fax: (614) 645-5921

Well? What are you waiting for? Get started!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation