FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » The Kahiki selling off Tiki, lights, And other Tropical, Hawaiian decor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Kahiki selling off Tiki, lights, And other Tropical, Hawaiian decor
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-07 10:14 am   Permalink

Just got this from Capt'nDan
____________________________________________________________________________________
WOW!!!you got 27 lamps from Kahiki? Do you know if they still have alot left?...I might try to get a few if they do. Thanks!!! -Capt'nDan. ___________________________________________________________________________________Yes, I just called the kahiki and they do have lights left. 15? They have 2 shell lamps. And one of those is that huge mint shell lamp! The other ligths are rough. Call the kahiki outlet store for more info.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2005-12-07 10:15 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-09 4:51 pm   Permalink

Here are just a few of the lights I got at the sale.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸TIKISKIP,Lights,ECT¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 05:28 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 5:08 pm   Permalink

What a haul! Frame 1 and 2 are all Orchids made lamps, and the rattan basket lamps in frame 3 and 4 are from O.A., I believe, (except the hexagonal one, that's Orchids too). Frame 5... I dunno...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-09 5:18 pm   Permalink

wow wow wow! those lamps are fantastic!
I've been wondering what to do with my wicker float shaped lamps, now you've given me the idea to put a float inside them!

Great haul, I hope they live a long lit life.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-09 5:27 pm   Permalink

That's just half o' the haul! more to come!

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 07:43 am   Permalink

Tikiskip, thanks for posting those! I like info almost as much as stuff. It might interest you to know that Kon Tiki in Tucson, and Omni-Hut in Smyrna have the dodecahedron (twelve pentagonal sides) lamp. Omni Hut's is like yours, with the five-pointed starfish inclusions, and Kon Tiki's has resin panels with fish graphics. I have the same one, but with crown of thorns starfish inclusions.
I've got an old Oceanic Arts catalog I'll post when I get some more web storage space; I think it covers the OA ones you've got.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-10 09:05 am   Permalink

Omni Hut has the Orchids tiki face lamps as well.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-10 12:44 pm   Permalink

Hey tikijackalope, I would love to see your OA catalog! I agree with you, on the history of the stuff. It makes it alot more fun when you know the origin of all these tiki items. The old stuff has a patina that you just can't fake. It's that hanging in a bar for 40 + years, with the smoke, grime, and that occasional drink that gets thrown in someones face look. Even though they all smell like peanut oil, I think they have good mojo. Also the kahiki still! has the lights you called, dodecahedron. But they are larger than the one I show, And in fairly good shape.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-10 3:44 pm   Permalink

Here is the rest of the kahiki stuff I got at their sale.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-10 3:51 pm   Permalink

Ok one more, sorry.

exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 07:19 am   Permalink

That is one sweet collection Tikiskip! You are a lucky man.

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 10:07 am   Permalink

nice to see you finally got that monkey tiki table lamp you have been pineing for the past few years.....does this mean I'm off the hook now for having to make you one?? LOL...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-14 10:54 am   Permalink

No, I've had one for years. I want you to make, or Show me how to make copies! I think it is the coolest table lamp out there. I would like to have more. Plus some people have been asking me about them. we could sell them as copies. You can make the mold out of the one I got. If you are worried about the copy right thing, we could cut off one of the ears on ours, and call it the kahiki double headded monkey lamp ah la Davinci. Ok who's in?

In closing I would like to say I had to almost beg people to go to this sale.
Even jumped through hoops to try and help some get Kahiki items that they wanted.
In return I got no thanks and some (the ones I helped the most)talk about me like a dog to this day.
Helped sell the velvets for bruce he made money not I.( Don't say you don't know where this is comming fom)
THIS is why I don't "help" people and spread the word when I know of these sales.

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-Google "Tiki bar lights" To find TIKISKIP-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-

¦:-·:*''""*:·.-:¦:-**-:¦:-·:*''""*:·.-:¦

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-03-13 05:37 ]

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 5:54 pm   Permalink

Hey, Tikiskip, if there were still lightbulbs in the various lamps, what wattage were they? I've always wondered how bright a conventional lightbulb I can use in mine w/o risking warpage of the fiberglass inner cylanders that many of them use.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 6:20 pm   Permalink

60 watts were in mine.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation