FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Jan 14th, 2006: South Florida Tiki Jam!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Jan 14th, 2006: South Florida Tiki Jam!
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 4:07 pm   Permalink

Ben, What can i say...you and Gman were outstanding...This was the BEST day at LOKIs ever...were still playing so more to come as we post pics....all can say it this MUST happen again...what a group of TC characters ever assembled...get ready..pics coming soon....

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2006-01-23 16:38 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 4:07 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2006-01-14 16:08 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 5:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all for letting me come out and watch! It was a great, great day. And thanks to your encouragement, I just got back from Sears with my first set of chisels. I'll post pics of my progress.

And I cannot say enough about Loki and his wife. They were the most amazing hosts and it was truly an honor and a privilege to get to enjoy their hospitality. By far, one of the best Tiki experiences of my life.

I need to do some cropping, but I'll have a couple pictures up very soon.

(and my wahine passes along her regrets, and looks forward to meeting you all soon)

Thanks again!

-Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-14 16:07, Loki wrote:
all can say it this MUST happen again

Glad to see a good time was had . HMMMMMM , how about febuary 25 or march 5-8 . I will be in the area.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 6:58 pm   Permalink

Hey all,

I just made it home. Ten hours of driving and 6 hours of GREAT fun at Loki's! I had a great time, met lots of TCers, got to hang with Benz, eat great food, and left with a groovy 2006 Tiki Jam mug too!

Ben gave a wicked Moko workshop and left his signature moves all over my Maori. Check the pics! Thanks Ben!

I was able to pinch a log from Loki's stash and bust out a Gman tiki for the Loki tiki garden. I hope they enjoy it.

This was, by far, the greatest group carving session I have ever been to. Thanks to all who participated and especially to Loki and StumpGrinder for welcoming us, feeding us, and putting all this together. I can't wait for my next invite!

Anyone within driving distance needs to hit the Jam the next time it is held!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 7:10 pm   Permalink

GMAM. You are a class act....and a true talent...This was overkill fun....Attention all TC'ers....Host a carving party....you will meet great people, wondrful talent and friends for a life time....

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 04:00 am   Permalink

I was far removed from the event, but I have it first hand that you people made a BIG impression. Unbelievable work and hospitality. COOL! Thanks for the welcome to some new folks. Wish I could have been there. Sons and Dads get it right sometimes.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-01-15 04:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-01-15 04:07 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 06:12 am   Permalink

Great pictures Gman. This looks like it was great fun and hopefully the first of many! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. I have to live vicariously you know.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 06:51 am   Permalink

JEAL-OUS!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 10:00 am   Permalink

Looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing the pics, G-Man.

Josh

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 12:47 pm   Permalink

A very big Mahalo to our host and hostess, the food, the drink , the house, your dog with the tounge thing...... Amazing!

Opening your house, your bar, and your tool box, was much appreciated and enjoyed. Spending time with everyone, and getting to see Benzart do his magic sharpening thing in person!

Tikilicious getting the feel for the angle grinder.....

Buster, and the ghost of Pac-Man.....?.........

Ben putting some moku on Gmans marque

Loki had a powerchisel attachement for his angle grinder. Loved that little attachement and gotta get me one!

Gman almost lost his foot on this one. He has taking down a line for Tikilicious and she looks at the crowd and points at the saw and says "Is that hard to do?" Everyone starts laughing not at the question, but the implied tone behind it of "Honey, can I have a a chainsaw for christmas?" We all decided that was going to be the quote of the day.

For those that didn't make it, you missed a good time. Loki and his wahine put on an amazing event and I am seriously hoping that I get an invite for the next time!

Oh, and when we made it home that night, guess what was in the mail box? The new Treeline catalog! The wahine tried to wrestle it away from me..... (she lost!)

A few more pictures can be found here:
http://www.ealoli.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=35&page=1

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 1:04 pm   Permalink

Wow , great photos. I am sooooo jealous.

Mahalo for sharing.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 4:50 pm   Permalink

Chip and Andy,

Thanks for posting the pics. It was great meeting you guys. Any word form Helz and his pics?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 5:27 pm   Permalink

Sorry i havent posted my pics yet, but i was carving golf ball head all day...i will try and get mine up tomorrow..

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 5:44 pm   Permalink

Wanted to says that it was great meeting the S.FL TCers and hope that we can do this again. Loki put on a great event and I hope that we can do it again. There was plenty of knowledge being shared and i soaked it up like a sponge. Can't wait to finish my tiki and see some of the others that were started.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation