FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Tis the season to be jolly?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tis the season to be jolly?
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 07:10 am   Permalink

It's not when you've just been told you're getting laid off. Good timing eh, 12 days before Christmas.

Still, I guess it's a good excuse not to buy presents.

Although it's a pretty insignificant setback compared to some of the stories we heard on here this year.

So it's a New Year and (hopefully) a new job.

Now pass me the limes.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 08:30 am   Permalink

It's just not fair.

The very first person to send me any sort of assistance in my time of need was Kon-Hemsby, from all the way across the ocean. He and his wife are good people and don't deserve this kick in the pants.
It just galls me...

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 08:52 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words PJ. And for the kind offer.
This little blip is nothing compared to what you guys have been through (and continue to go through).

Just imagine what good things must be in store in 2006!

Can you folks reading this believe that PJ emailed me to ask if there was anything SHE could do for ME! How great is this gal!

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2005-12-13 08:58 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-13 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-13 07:10, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
It's not when you've just been told you're getting laid off. Good timing eh, 12 days before Christmas.

Your boss must be a right Scrooge and a heartless C__T, i hope the spirits of Xmas visit him and kick him a new...I'd start knicking everything not tided down and breaking those things that are.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 2:04 pm   Permalink

the lap tops are mine.....................

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 2:09 pm   Permalink

Kon-Hemsby, that's just rotten news. I hope your job search is completed quickly, and that your new position is something better.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 2:16 pm   Permalink

H,
thanks the tiki ohana alway fills me with with cheer

Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 4:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-13 14:16, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
tiki ohana alway fills me with with cheer

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:26 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 4:50 pm   Permalink

pretty shitty. hang in there.

what's your line of work?

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 5:01 pm   Permalink

Damnit. I was laid off 10 days before Christmas in 2003. It is more than a kick in the pants. Its a crushing blow that still haunts me.

You will find that the "free" things in life take on a much greater meaning during this time. My relationships with fellow TCers were indispensable when I was searching for a new way to support my family.

My thoughts are with you. Heres to staying focused on what you need to accomplish and do your best to stay positive in the face of uncertainty.

That sucks.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 11:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive thoughts.
My line of work? I guess up date I've just stumbled along in the electonics industry buying and selling.
Maybe now's the time to start doing something worthwhile!

MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 06:20 am   Permalink

There is no good time to be laid off, but this is the worst. We know something will come up for you KH. Best of luck with whatever path you may choose for your career at this point in your life. Keep a stif upper lip and know that we're all thinking about you.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 2:05 pm   Permalink

Whoa Si, what a mess!

However, you've got wit and talent and smarts.
You'll do even better, I'm confident.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 2:27 pm   Permalink

Cheers to everyone. I'm seeing it as a fresh start for 2006.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 6:25 pm   Permalink

Good Luck KonH. Things like this sometimes turn out being greater in the long run. Maybe that perfect job is just around the corner and you wouldn't have found it while working for that other crummy company. Best wishes and heres hoping for the best.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation