FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Kona Club 12/ 17-05 !!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Kona Club 12/ 17-05 !!!!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 3:45 pm   Permalink

Just got the news that the Kona Club, the Bay Areas newest classic old Hawaiian Style Tiki Bar, will be opening it's doors to the public this Sat. 12/17-05.

(I'll know more about time , etc. tomorrow.)

Yee haw!!!

Be there or be square!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-13 4:59 pm   Permalink

I can't make it Saturday, but I will be there the next Thursday; http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17652&forum=4&start=last&0
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-13 8:33 pm   Permalink

I'm going to try to make this.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 12:18 am   Permalink

WANNA KONNA NOWAA!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 06:06 am   Permalink

Kona Sutra!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-14 08:00 am   Permalink

Awww Crap! I cant make Saturday! I spaced the dates, I will be in L.A. for the Lucky Tiki Art Show this weekend.

sonofabeotch,
Chongolio, Space Captain

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 9:27 pm   Permalink

*** Update ***

Opening up Tonight !!! If anyone is in the area. 12/15 from 6ish to ???

Saturday's 12/17 Grand Opening to the Public, will have the same dance troupe
http://www.mahea.com that was there last night and who blessed the Kona Club hardcore Hawaiian Style!! (More to come on that blessing). I believe the doors open at 6-ish.

Gonna be a PARTAY!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-12-15 21:28 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-15 10:31 pm   Permalink

Pre- Ohana party and Blessing of the Kona Club on 12/14. It was really crowded with tons of Cousins, Aunties, Uncles and Kikis, so we kinda hung out at the bar most of the eve.

The CHEIF( aka Doug-e Doug). The Cheif had maybe 4 hrs of sleep in the last few days. He did pretty damn good! ( his shaka was a little tierd)

Only the strong survive!!! ( can't believe I even focused this pic!!) ( oh the shock and horror!! Hanford is drinking Beeeeer! Oooooooooooo! Yuckie!!!I'm telling. That's NOT TIKI !!!) Late at night. (H&H? Any idea what time we were there to??.)

Even later.... Mrs. Bamboo holding up the Tiki Karma that was left in the air!! How does she look so hot after all that Jagger- Miester!!??? My camera was blessed last night.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 1:44 pm   Permalink

How long were we there to? Heck, I think I still might be there!

See you all tonight!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 1:58 pm   Permalink

how am i supposed to get anything done with all this tavelin'??... see ya tonight!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 2:11 pm   Permalink

Wow, that Mrs. Boo is hot, and the bar is okay too!

I absolutely love the front of the bar with the large bamboo on it. That's really incredible.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 2:47 pm   Permalink

Just talked to Wes from House o Tiki and he is there with a truck load of tikis. Doug got the "big one!" A 10' high by 3' wide Tonga carved tiki mask!!!! Holly Crap!! Thats a big ass mask!!

Like I said, more to come.

We'll see youz all real soon. Jet Blue Rocks!!

Partay!!

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 10:48 am   Permalink

Did you guys keep the little Boo's there all night?? I was very sad that baby pineapple was being so fussy, I really wanted to stay and at least have some of the food. The Hula looked amazing, baby wasn't too into the loud drums and clapping. Hope you guys had a great time last night, the weather outside was frightful and the fire inside delightful, and even though we had places to go, we stayed home. Thanks for inviting us, and it was so great to see the whole Boo family!

mrs. p

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 2:18 pm   Permalink

It got packed last night -- luckily we got there early enough to also get some photos with the place fairly empty. I didn't have a tripod, so pardon the blurriness of some of the photos:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/konaclubgrand/

The hula girl's hips are blurry because they're moving

Some velvets from Doug's collection -- the second one in particular is striking -- it's got to be a challenge to do a monochromatic velvet

That looks like beer, but it's not -- it's rum purchased in six-pack form. Doug had a good night.

Otto, Mai Tai, Crazy Al, Mrs. Mai Tai, and Will the Thrill

Ben also was feeling no pain

Hanford & me

Another fun night at the Kona Club! They're still finalizing the tropical drink menu, so go easy on the bartenders -- they're eager to try mixing something for you if you can tell the them ingredients, which is a great sign.

I have solved the mystery of 5507 (a.k.a. the Kona Club Build-Out Theme Song)! It's a 1972 song called "Jungle Fever" from a band called Chakachas. It's available on number of compilation CDs, including the "Funk Box" set used in the jukebox. It's also on the Boogie Nights soundtrack, which is probably the cheapest/easiest way to get it. There's also a Barcelona-based label that recently put out Chakachas songs on compilation discs, but they're available on vinyl only -- from the sound files I was able to find, those would be great to get a hold of, but I don't think it would be straightforward (online stores appeared to be sold out). The jukebox CDs are getting moved around a lot right now, last night, Jungle Fever was in 0307.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-18 3:58 pm   Permalink

A fun night at the beautiful Kona Club!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation