Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Home Savings Buildings and others
Home Savings Buildings and others
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 11:10 am   Permalink

While on a road trip I started to notice that almost all of the franchise architectures once so
plentiful have fallen into the hands of others...

Old Taco Bell now is a paint store, or Der Winerschnizel is now a Taqueria, Royal Pools now is a Cell Phone Outlet and so on.

The oddest seem to be those Egyptian/Federalist Monument style Home Savings buildings...they deserve better than to be VCR and TV outlets.

Do you have a favorite of these? (or most absurd)
some are chronicled on

http://www.notfoolinganybody.com

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope 2005-12-16 17:26 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 06:00 am   Permalink

Hah! I just saw one of those yesterday, I was driving down Bloor Street and saw a Korean Restauraunt, with the outside covered in a row of white corinthian columns, that greek arch on top, and fake rock. It was great. My other favourite example is the Ethiopian restauraunt we used to go to, housed in an A-Frame Tyrolean Chalet so extreme, you'd expect the Ricola guy to come bounding out...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 09:26 am   Permalink

Tikifish, that's a riot...the strange difference between the new and old. It's like the business is some hermit crab living in what-ever shell it can fit into.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
john
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 1:49 pm   Permalink

merry christmas you beautiful ol building an loan building!

View Profile of john Send a personal message to john  Email john Goto the website of john     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation