[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki mug shrine on ebay
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki mug shrine on ebay
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-21 10:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha friends,
here is the finished tiki to display a favorite mug in. I had to put a reserve on this one because I won't mind displayin it for my own collection if it dosen't meet my reserve. Enjoy.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=739080224&rd=1

here are some close ups of the new tiki

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-21 11:16 pm   Permalink

Man Gecko, this one is top-notch! And Hula Hula already put a bid on it! Damn you Hula, this tiki's mine. You're going down...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 07:02 am   Permalink

Hey Gecko, I don't think you'll have any trouble meeting your reserve.

I'm going to try my best to add another carving to my ever growing Gecko collection.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 10:07 am   Permalink

Oh boy this ones looking to be a hot one! I'm curious to see who keeps thier word about bidding against friends! I'm sure we will see alot of familiar names bidding for this bad boy!

Thank God I don't like any of you TC'ers so I don't have worry about bidding against friends.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 12:56 pm   Permalink

It would be hard to decide WHICH mug to put in there...maybe make a little plaque for underneath "Mug of the Month" and change it every month...or put a shrunken head in it, something of organic matter, to make it more pagan!
Or Crazy Al's topless hula nodder, a la "the one thing on his mind"...
Or something with a lightbulb in it, so it's like the Tiki had an inspiration...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 2:44 pm   Permalink

Man, that is awesome Gecko. Great work.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 5:18 pm   Permalink

Mahalo guys,

Yes I gave this guy a little more tlc. Not that I do not for all of mine, I just added intricate design of which takes time.

Sorry to those that have requested some hints. I haven't been able to post some words of wisdom for those of you just picking up the art of carving. Chikki is a great guy to ask also! I've seen his work at bamboo2u and he's great!

Big Bro wrote " put a shrunken head in it" We think alike. I have one drawn out to carve with a shrunken head. just haven't done it yet. I like the idea about the wahine nodder in it.

There you go for you freshman carvers, If I have a dream or thought of something about a carving, I draw it or write it down right away so I don't forget the idea and then put it in a folder such as this tiki shrine. I have so many ideas but haven't had the time or something else. I want to work on some carved coconut bar stools as well as 2 to 3 foot stumps and add cushions to them so you can sit on them.

well aloha! I got to get back to work!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 7:14 pm   Permalink

Gecko,

That's a superb example of creativity & craftmanship. You keep coming up with superlative Tiki objects, all laid out here on Tiki Central. I just wish I lived somewhere where there shipping from Hawaii wasn't equal to a month's mortgage payment!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the House of Bamboo Ben

Posted: 2002-11-22 8:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Hawaiian Lizard Dude,

In the words of Cathy Crosby,Fran Tarkenten and that other dude, That's Incredible!! Ahhhhhhh. I see you soon! 2003 we share drink!
aloohas

View Profile of the House of Bamboo Ben Send a personal message to the House of Bamboo Ben  Email the House of Bamboo Ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-22 20:59, the House of Bamboo Ben wrote:

Are you really Bamboo Ben's house? Tell us the truth- Does he make all that cool stuff or is the rumor that trolls make it in the middle of the night true?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-22 10:12 pm   Permalink

Gecko I love that shrine. What a great idea. I know what you mean about the TLC thing. It like you can't help yourself and you keep going and going. When I make it to the islands, I'm gonna bring my chisels so we can do some tandem carving.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2002-11-22 22:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-23 10:01 am   Permalink

Now a tiki collaboratively carved by Gecko and Chiki would be cool!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-23 11:15 am   Permalink

The secret is out no thanks to Atomic Cocktail, I am a fake, i have never carved a tiki....Menehunes come to my shack at night and carve the beautiful tiki's and I leave them some milk and cookies.

Hawaiian lizard dude....cute, ya bamboo bar makin dude. Hey I loved that show in the 80's(That's Increadible!). See ya next year at La Marianas, we'll have the ideal breakfast together....

ONE BUNCH BANANAS
ONE BOTTLE RUM
ONE PARROT
THE PARROT IS TO EAT THE BANANAS!

words from the creator Donn Beach, a.k.a. "Don the Beachcomber"

Chiki I'll have the CoCoNutz ready, you just bring the chizles and the quarter...
the quarter will be fliped on heads or tails to see who gets the tiki after it's done!

Trader Woody, that is so true about shipping! It's crazy! That's one of the things I hate about this state. That's to bad cus I would love to see one of my Tiki's in the UK! anyway's thanks for the props dude!

Here is my new mug that will be displayed in this tiki if it dosen't meet the reserve. tell me what you think Kailuageoff.

fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-23 11:27 am   Permalink

Wow...the last bid seemed to really push the price up!! Good luck on your auction..nice work!

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-23 11:53 am   Permalink

Looks like that Hawaiian Village mugs gonna have to find another home... I see the reserve's been met. Hmmm I think this guys getting alittle out of my league. Congrats Gecko you certainly deserve it! Thatsa one-a beautiful-a tiki... eh?
Sorry I'm watching to much Soprano's

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug on 2002-11-23 11:54 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation