FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lost camera at Kona Club, Oakland
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Lost camera at Kona Club, Oakland
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-18 5:05 pm   Permalink

HELP! Baby photos lost forever!

Otto was at the Kona Club on Saturday December 17th from about 10 pm to 1 am at some point between 11 pm and 12:30 our digital camera was misplaced along with a tan VooDoo Rum baseball cap, and a 128 MB card for our camera (may have been a 512 MB disc).

The cap and the camera were on the bar when he last saw them and the card was in a camera bag on the bar. He found the bag on the floor without the card.

The two discs contained ALL of the photos of our newborn baby! These are the ONLY photos we have of the first month of his life!

We are offering a REWARD for the return of the 2 discs!! Please help.

Our camera is a silver digital Canon that was banged up with a couple good sized dents on the body. The battery says 'von Stroheim' on it. Please send this e-mail to everyone you can think of that had been at the Kona Club that night.

If found please send to:
743 Haight Ave
Alameda CA 94501

Or call:
415-335-1624
or
510-865-2113

We are crossing our fingers that someone grabbed our camera by accident and is trying to figure out who it belongs to. We thank you all for your help.

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-19 06:49 am   Permalink

Here are some pics of that night at Kona Club. It was way packed but maybe someone see's something that we have not seen in these pics. A hand, a camera in a hand, etc. We're on the hunt to lend help.

I also hit a wrong button on my camera and it has about 3 seconds of video of Otto, C'Al, Mai Tai and people around them. Not sure how to transfer it here, though.

Sending positive vibrations your way. Hope it turns up and yous get those baby pics back. Like C'Al said, A bummer end for yous to a Great Evening.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-19 11:00 am   Permalink

This really sucks! I can't recall seeing the camera or the bag but I was lit up like a Christmas tree that night. I passed the word on to all my friends who were there.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-19 1:08 pm   Permalink

Is that Otto's VooDoo Rum hat on that other guy's head? That's also right where Otto left his camera.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-20 09:38 am   Permalink

Otto's hat was black.... and found in the bathroom here he did not go with hat... not good

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-12-21 12:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-20 09:38, crazy al wrote:
Otto's hat was black.... and found in the bathroom here he did not go with hat... not good

actually the hat is tan and can be seen in Bamboo Ben's photos

Thanks to Ben for taking and posting the photos. thanks to Will the Thrill and Michael from Conga Lounge for making a huge effort to contact Jacques who knows this guy shown in the pictures wearing my hat

tomorrow Jacques is picking up my camera from the guy who grabbed it by accident thinking it was his

hopefully a happy ending to a gut-wrenching, holiday ruining story

thanks to everyone for assistance and concerns, it is how you handle the hard times that strengthens friendships

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 07:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-21 00:32, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-20 09:38, crazy al wrote:

actually the hat is tan and can be seen in Bamboo Ben's photos

Thanks to Ben for taking and posting the photos. thanks to Will the Thrill and Michael from Conga Lounge for making a huge effort to contact Jacques who knows this guy shown in the pictures wearing my hat

tomorrow Jacques is picking up my camera from the guy who grabbed it by accident thinking it was his

hopefully a happy ending to a gut-wrenching, holiday ruining story

thanks to everyone for assistance and concerns, it is how you handle the hard times that strengthens friendships

Good thing I ate my Carbs that day!!!

"Postive Vibrations" work once again!!

Ya mon!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 09:28 am   Permalink

this is fantastic.... i thought Otto's hat was the same color as mine 'black'...

this is great news... Ben Boo .... now a tiki-detective TOO!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-21 09:44 am   Permalink

now that this is looking like it may have a happy ending, who is going to be the first to photoshop a camera in the hands of that guy!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 11:09 am   Permalink

Or a caption contest...

Quote:

On 2005-12-21 09:44, mrsmiley wrote:

"I was soooo drunk, I din know what I was doin'! I forgot my own camera that I got for takin' pikshures of my girl to put on the internets, but I figured, hey! Cameras are all the same, so I jus grabbed the neares one - cuz that's how we do it down south! Take what you want - no one'll miss it - no one that matters, anyway! At first I grabbed some guy's pace-maker cuz I was fooled by the shiny metal parts, but my girl made me put it back in that guy's chest. Then I picked up some dude's Pee-Dee-Aay cuz it had a picture screen an' all. I tried to take some pikshures of me with umbrellas up my nose, but I couldn't get the flash to flash and the screen jus kep saying 'password not reconnized'. Funny camera! So then I grabbed this here bald dude's camera cuz, I mean, he's bald! What the hell does he need a camera for? Yup, that was sum goood times!"

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 11:44 am   Permalink

Hey that's great! Take lotsa pictures everywhere. That's what saved the day. I guess it's too late for tikifish's coat lost at the Lingba room/lounge, and something Sabu lost also.

How about a "Lost and Found" right here on TC? I'm glad for you Otto and Babydoe. Mele Kalikimaka!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-21 09:28, crazy al wrote:
this is great news... Ben Boo .... now a tiki-detective TOO!!

Definitely great news. Ben, you're a supersleuth - we're gonna have to start calling you Lieutenant ColumBoo. (I'd say hat's off to Ben, but he's already removed mine).

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 9:01 pm   Permalink

The moral of the story is...download your baby pictures and back them up.

Oh yeah, way to go Humu, she's the super sleuth

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-21 21:01, mrs. pineapple wrote:
The moral of the story is...download your baby pictures and back them up.

Absolutely.

I can't tell you how many of our friends have never done this - and have 1000's of irreplaceable photos just sitting on thier hard drives. Our good friends lost every picture from the birth of thier son on when thier computer was stolen!

Really sad.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-22 09:02 am   Permalink

Get out those blank CDs and start burnin'! NOW!!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation