FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lost camera at Kona Club, Oakland
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lost camera at Kona Club, Oakland
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 1:29 pm   Permalink

Baby Doe,

Thanks for the post and am so glad you recovered most.

I am a mom of 2 and this has been on my mind daily. I erased over my sons first christmas (on video) and it still bugs me 8 years later. Oh well!

But you are right about a healthy family and the best of friends. You can't buy that.

Plus, now you won't have to reinact the birth to get those pictures!

Awesome news!

Cyndee

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 3:43 pm   Permalink

Whew! As their neighbor and the guy who was with Otto when this true life episode of "Hawaiian Eye" first began, all I can say is Mahalo to the Tiki God of Lost Baby Photos. Public aloha to Unklefun for the hookup that led to the culprit, too. Doe, see ya at home, dear.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 6:35 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-01-05 12:58, Otto wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-01-05 08:43, unklefun wrote:
[quote]
On 2005-12-22 12:11, alohabros wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-18 17:05, babydoe wrote:

This was a grand opening where I personally knew about 20% of the attendees. The grand opening was not publicly announced therefore one could assume that it was friends and friends of friends

I need to set the record straight.

The night Otto lost his camera WAS the Grand Opening to the Public. Anyone who heard of it, walked by, or could open a door,( hence the big OPEN sign on the door) was allowed in. The bar was officially open to the public.

It DID NOT HAPPEN at the "Private Ohana and Blessing of the Kona Club Party" the week before.

Quote:

On 2006-01-06 01:56, tikivixen wrote:
Indeed, if you can't relax at a private invite-only party, when CAN you? *sigh*

After having my purse stolen JUST once at, yep, a private party, I've never dared take my paw off it again. Oh, the troubles that caused--but such a sad thing, not to be able to trust!

Only takes one bad apple, as they say. I'd like to 'reformat' him, huh.

I wish you tons of luck with the data recovery, Otto!!! If it worked for B*ffet...

_____________________________________-

Tikivixen and Otto,

You need to edit your posts.

The Kona Club is and will be an outstanding Tiki Bar to visit. The owner has a great track record with doormen at both the Mallard in Albany and Thalasa in Berkley. This was that 1% of bad ( and a friend of a friend of a friend), that every bar gets.

Everyone out there needs to think before they drink. It's a strange world we live in. ( or chalk it up to that last Mai Tai!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 9:37 pm   Permalink

What I said: "only takes one bad apple" blah blah blah

is pretty much what you said. It applies either way: whether private party or public shindig, there is only so much any owner/manager/bartender/security guard can POSSIBLY do to safeguard patrons.

My post was a lament on the way one negative person can screw things up for everybody. And not a bitchfest about the owner/manager/bartender/security guard/whatever at the Kona.

I'm sure that, having run the often-VERY-crowded Mallard for years with great success, those guys did an equally responsible job at the Kona.

I think that NO one is at fault or to blame BUT THE THIEF.

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-07 10:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-06 18:35, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-05 12:58, Otto wrote:

This was a grand opening where I personally knew about 20% of the attendees. The grand opening was not publicly announced therefore one could assume that it was friends and friends of friends

I need to set the record straight.

The night Otto lost his camera WAS the Grand Opening to the Public. Anyone who heard of it, walked by, or could open a door,( hence the big OPEN sign on the door) was allowed in. The bar was officially open to the public.

Tikivixen and Otto,

You need to edit your posts.

Whoa, there will be no editing of quotes or rewriting of history here!
I spoke to a patron at the opening and asked him how he heard of it and he said a friend told him. I asked Doug if he put out ads in the paper and he said no.
Being open to the public and publicly announcing the opening via local media are two different things.
Yes, anyone COULD have just walked right in off the street but that is pretty unlikely given the bars location. It's not in the middle of any neighborhood or walking area.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 11:05 am   Permalink

Otto, what software did you use for the recovery?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

Did you ask the guy if he has Sabu and Tikifish's coats? : )

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 8:48 pm   Permalink

[quote
Yes, anyone COULD have just walked right in off the street but that is pretty unlikely given the bars location. It's not in the middle of any neighborhood or walking area.
[/quote]

It WAS the Kings X since the 60's. There were many locals who wanted to come back into the bar no matter what it became, during the time we were building it into the Kona Club. Everyday, 3-5 people wanted in.

Also, it's just 1 block from Piedmont. The exclusive -er area of Oakland.

Basically, anyone did come in. But, it was a friend of a friend of a friend who screwed you up.

And I have the photos to prove it!!!

Arrrr!!!

p.s. No hard feelings. Just trying to clear up a few things posted. Hope all works out for you in the end. If you didn't get the photos I sent again, you might have to come down. Mai Tai's at Crazy Al's!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-13 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-08 20:48, RevBambooBen wrote:

Basically, anyone did come in. But, it was a friend of a friend of a friend who screwed you up.

And I have the photos to prove it!!!

All's well that ends well that ends well

I did data recovery on the first disc and the second disc was recovered unscathed

Thanks to Jacques I was able to get reimbursed for the data recovery fees

I now have my camera, two discs, and almost all of the photos.

Lesson learned - download your images before going off to the next party!!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 11:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 21:29, Otto wrote:

Lesson learned - download your images before going off to the next party!!!

Yeah, and if you DO steal a camera, try not to mug it up every time you see a flash go off, wearing the owner of said camera's hat, while sitting at the bar next to him! D'oh. Thank goodness for silly stupid drunks!

Now, let's see this guy's pictures he took on your camera

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-16 10:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-08 11:05, tikijackalope wrote:
Otto, what software did you use for the recovery?

there is a link posted but I am a Mac user and the link was to PC software so I called a tech friend and I do not know what he used to recover the data/photos but it was PC based cause I asked him for the software.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation