FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new Lono Tiki makau creation! (step by step process...)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
new Lono Tiki makau creation! (step by step process...)
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 12:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2013-01-31 23:52 ]

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 12:13 pm   Permalink

Kaha ki'i
I enjoyed the step by step, very informative. Thank you for sharing!!!
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 12:53 pm   Permalink

Kaha ki'i, ditto for me. the setup is a cool jeweler's style bench and jewelers tools. I Really love your stuff and this Step by step is Awesome. Thanks Big time.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 1:04 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to photograph and explain the process which you go through.
I have a greater respect now for your beautiful work.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 1:10 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone! (Ben, Rodeo & johhny...) I thought you all would get a kick out of the process! I left out alll the hours of "in-between" time it takes to really do the nice finish work on Lono, But Im sure you all know how long it can take to make da kine right!

Mahalo again for all the aloha!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 4:08 pm   Permalink

awsome show, I realy enjoyed it, your work is supreme, keep posting...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 4:17 pm   Permalink

Really nice stuff, So what would a piece like that generally cost? I love it but is it in my budget, just checking, hope you don't mind.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 4:42 pm   Permalink

Me too, I see the fakes on Bay, but what does a REAL one cost????

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 5:04 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Work! You make it look easy. Thanks for showing the process.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 5:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha again everyone! Well, to answer the price questions...Back home in Hawaii these makau can run from $250 to $350 (and sometimes higher) but I do have "mainland" prices and special pricing Ive put together for my bruddah's & sistah's here on TC. This particular makau due to its size should be priced fairly high (island & mainland price) but this one Im offering at an extremely makepono price for all members of TC which is only $175.00 (S&H not included). So, If any of you kanaka's would like to pick this buggah up or maybe place a custom order, just let me know anytime!

Mahalo to everyone for all the aloha and Im glad you all liked this post!

Malama Pono!!!

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 9:41 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work. That sort of material and craftsmanship is worth evry penny..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-29 10:01 pm   Permalink

Very very impressive! Your skill and ability are superb. It was like watching the birth of a baby tiki god.
A-1 quality work. thanks for sharing.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 05:40 am   Permalink

All i can say is "WoW"

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 08:50 am   Permalink

Aloha and big Mahaloz to everyone who left the kind words and appreciation! Its been a real pleasure to become a part of TC and IM kicking myself in the okole for not joining sooner! I love all the artwork and boundless creativity Ive seen on this site and it warms this bruddah's heart to hear all the nice things all of you have to say about my work!

Mahalo again everyone!

Malama Pono!!!

ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-12-30 6:31 pm   Permalink

Big MAHALO to you for sharing your processes here.

I have come to your website more than a few times in the past year or so and have always been impressed. Aloha to you and e komo mai to the TC-(CT) ohana.

D

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation