FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coco joes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
coco joes
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 04:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-30 16:42, aquarj wrote:
Nice one Freddie. Poster girl? Eh? Care to elaborate?

-Randy

Aloha Randy!! She was the poster girl for Coco Joe's LavoLei Line of jewelry in the mid 60's...

Freddie (HOUSE OF KU)

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 06:20 am   Permalink

Now I'm paying attention

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-03 3:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks Freddie,
You are THEE in-house expert on CJ's. That Don Gallacher was one busy guy. Seems like no matter how long you've been looking at cocojoes, there's always something new (that was old).

Thanks to everyone who keeps posting pics on this thread.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-01 04:10, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
BigBro, maybe you can decipher this??? Seems to be a cross between Clintonese and some dialect of Jive or they're smokin some good sh*t....Groovie man...

What the ...!? First of all, it is great to find out Hawaii has so many native trees with cool names, so that part is very educational. But how the heck can they make the claim that they made them ALL merge into plastic figurines? I think you're right, they must have been smoking Hapa Weed!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 11:07 am   Permalink

Just got this little gal. Was wondering if I could get an ID on the maker. Coco Joe, Hip, Polyart ?
Thanks.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-13 7:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha! This figurine is by Holo-ka-hana and here is a related thread.....

Quote:

On 2005-09-10 12:38, dogbytes wrote:
I thought Id post here, where the lava figurine collectors are: do any of you have information on (what I think) might be a company older than Cocojoes and HIP ~ Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd.

the label

reads:

Nanea (fascinating)

The latest creation by Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd.

Nona Kapuailohia Beamer, recognized exponent of Hawaiian hula, named this fascinating figurine. Talented Georgi Daniel sculptured (Nanea) as well as Menehune Hauoli, Ki'i, Hoohehe'e, Koa, the Hawaiian warrior and Haunani, the beautiful Hawaiian miss.

All figurines are registered in the Territory of Hawaii, and are the exclusive property of Holo-Ka-Hana.

Lava from a recent volcanic eruption is used in a secret process giving these masterpieces of Hawaiiana a true distinction. Something to be treasured with your other fine pieces. These are not reproductions of great art - they are original authentic, and exclusive- made only by Holo-Ka-Hana, Ltd. Honolulu, Hawaii, We sincerely hope you will treasure (Nanea)

Ive googled to find out more about the company, but Im having no luck. Nona Kapuailohia Beamer is the mother to Keola Beamer, the musician. Georgi Daniel passed away at the age of 82 in 1998.

oh and while i'm here: how do you clean & protect your cocojoes/HIPs? i thought the soap n water, soft damp towel would work, but they're still pretty grungy.

thanks
elicia

Same family.....

One more related thread with a twist

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27140&forum=5&hilite=holo

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 05:17 am   Permalink

Freddie. Thanks for the help. I knew I could get some great info. Nice little figure. Thanks again.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-03 2:47 pm   Permalink

edited due to pictures below.....thanks

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIVILLE 2008-10-06 17:10 ]

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-04 04:20 am   Permalink

"part of my collection ....let me know if I'm sitting on anything rare!"

Do NOT sit on your Coco Joe figurines! Some of them could be quite painful and it's not good for the Coco Joes either!

Thanks for sharing your collection... yeah, you've got some nice ones there and a nice piece of burled wood too.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-04 11:43 am   Permalink

Hey Come on....get those pictures uploaded on here!!

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 5:09 pm   Permalink

turns out I wasn't sittin on any of em ...lolhere is some photos..

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-06 5:16 pm   Permalink

here are a few more !

I'll post more later!

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-08 5:34 pm   Permalink

Hanfooooooorrrrrrrrrrddddddddd! Make this guy go away!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 07:39 am   Permalink

Found this petroglyph ashtray on Friday and the matching lighter on Saturday about forty miles apart. Gotta love it.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-19 7:19 pm   Permalink

That's not a lighter, that's a hand grenade! Send it to me, I will defuse it!
What a funny convergence. The ashtray is in Tiki Modern, of course.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation